A good feed

GoingFishing

Gday Raiders

Today i headed out with some work colleagues who were keen to go on a trip after having listened to me winge & rant for the last 5 days about how demotivated i am at work and how much id rather be fishing ! I had Steve and his son William, Gerry & James.

I dont usually fish with 5 people onboard and at times it was quite crowded, but we managed ok. After everyone convincing me to start the day at 9am and not 6am as i asked, (because apparently they have a life and i dont ? haha ) we headed out past north head at 930am. we trolled the headlands for zero but as i expected, half way between queenscliff and long reef i came across a bust up which scored us two bonito and one salmon. Steve and William had never been fishing in Aus having arrived from the UK some 8 years ago, they enjoyed playing the fish on light gear and it was the first time they had witnessed a "bust up".

The guys were keen to take a feed home (some had to beg for a hall pass from the Mrs) so my target species for the day was the trusty blue spot. We did the usual drift afterwards and the flatties didn't disappoint.

Total of 29 keeper flatties with a lonely flounder and probably threw back just as many undersize and a couple which spat the hook when the boys tried to lift the fish out of the water. A great feed when we split it up 5 ways ! Everyone went home with a smile on their face and some fish in the bag. highlight of the day was James getting spiked by his first blue spot about 0.0009 seconds after i had warned him.

All in all a fantastic day in the water!

thanks for reading

post-34022-0-12354300-1453020659_thumb.jpg