Possible Tragedy at The Entrance

Stapo

7b1f1cc9904d33246f3ff91eeeaf8a6d.jpg

Police divers are looking for 2 fishermen prawners who didn't come home last night.

I was fishing there This morning and the police helicopter was flying over with 2 rescue boats and police boats all searching for the lost fishermen.

One can only wonder what there love ones are thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very sad and not the first time.

Living at Toowoon Bay I worry when I hear the helicopters hanging around in the morning and so it has been the last couple of days.

It happened before a couple of years ago that a man was lost whilst prawning. His body was found a couple of days later about 7 or 8 km north along the beach. Apparently the lifeguards patrolling the run out have had a very busy season this summer with rescues. You have to wonder why people swim in the channel when the current running out to sea is obviously very strong.

With the flood in the lake as well as the outgoing tide, the current is really moving, especially in the last 200m or so between the boat ramp and the sea where the channel narrows.

Life jackets may be a good idea.

KB

Edited by Koalaboi

Tuggerah Lakes. The Entrance. Put up overnight

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Haven't seen that. Looks like it might be at long jetty. I was there at The Entrance this afternoon having a milk shake. People swimming and fishing everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk