New spot for the new year.

Ryder

G'day Raiders,

Like almost every true blue Aussie, I planned to have today off, but an old client of mine, Earle, asked me to give his gardens a tidy up before his big Australia Day BBQ. He has a really nice waterfront at Longueville.

I told him I had plans to go fishing with my mate Trevor. Earle said 'you can fish here, bring your mate along'. I asked Trevor and he thought it was worth a try, but he wasn't doing any work, haha.

I knocked over the garden by 10 and Trevor came by to fish the runout. We went down to the jetty and sounded the area.

The water was about 10 ft close in but dropped to 14 a bit further out. We got the berley going and soon we started seeing signs of life. My float just dipped below the surface, I struck and missed. Next drift same place, my float dipped, I waited then, Bang fish on. A short fight, but a good fish around 39 cm was in the net.

Shortly after Trevor went one better adding a 40 cm specimen to the bag. He followed that up with a dramatic take, his float dipped and then went down like a shot, and came back towards the jetty and the fish wrapped him up tight around the jetty pylon. He free spooled it and his float came back up. He tried to pull up when his leader gave way.

The fish were a bit touchy, just bouncing the float. You had to time your strike. We missed quite a few like that. We got busted off by others that were hooked in the deeper water. We figure there is a ledge or cave they run to closer in. But we managed a couple more before I had to call it. Kitten duty, my wife and I do foster care.

We cleaned the fish, cleaned up the jetty after ourselves and went back up to see Earle.

We gave him the fish for his BBQ, he said ' you have to come back and show me how '

The spot shows promise. The Lane Cove River is still brown/green from recent rain and it should improve.

The best thing is its private, not like some of the other stinking spots around the harbour. Covered it blood gut and scales, sunbaked prawns and squid

As long as we treat it with respect, and throw a few fish Earles way, (and dont get caught fishing when i should be working,) we are welcome to it. Like Johns Jetty I reported on last year which we still fish and still produces the goods.

We will be back.

Cheers

Ryder

post-33162-0-70854400-1453695506_thumb.jpg

Nice read Ryder. Caught a few blackfish today myself. Have a good Australia Day tomorrow mate.

Cheers Steve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Steve

Happy OZ Day

Poor thing, how did moggy loose it`s leg?

Mate it was probably a traumatic amp when she was very small, before we got her.

She had the femur, but with no foot , she was walking on bone.

Painful

Had it amputated to the hip on Thursday.

Guest hawkesbass

Thanks for the invite andrew.

lovely property earle has gotten himself and a good gent too boot.

he will enjoy the fresh with a cold ale tomorrow.

Top report Ryder, there seems to be some quality fish moving into the lower reaches over the last couple of days.

What is your criteria for taking on new clients :- Deep waterfront with jetty or pontoon, fishing access and rights to fish with notice.

Strange how these people who own these properties rarely fish.

I have a mate with a property at the end of the Moons on Georges River at Lugarno with pontoon and a deep 25 foot hole that I have fish religiously for years that has always produced blackfish.

My son has caught jewfish, big bream and the odd flathead there also, however the owners don't fish.