Luderick report from a mate!

luderick -angler

Hi guys

A good friend of mine not a fish raider went to Woolich ferry wharf today and managed a few but he called to say someone had been there at some stage. He found the wharf covered in burley and blood guts and scales I am not pointing the finger but just a remixed keep your spot clean as this behaviour will get us banned from fishing publicly accessible wharves. It disturbs me as this is a spot I used to haunt for many a year till recent times as it has become popular again I still fish it occasionally and would like to do so in the future!

Hi guys

A good friend of mine not a fish raider went to Woolich ferry wharf today and managed a few but he called to say someone had been there at some stage. He found the wharf covered in burley and blood guts and scales I am not pointing the finger but just a remixed keep your spot clean as this behaviour will get us banned from fishing publicly accessible wharves. It disturbs me as this is a spot I used to haunt for many a year till recent times as it has become popular again I still fish it occasionally and would like to do so in the future!

From what I hear this is a pretty regular thing on the Harbour Wharves and jetty`s, one of my mates works on the Harbour Ferry services.

He tells me that all this rubbish left behind is growing in reports from the locals, ferry terminal users plus the use of Council rates to clean up the wharves and pontoons to make them presentable for the paying public whom use these services, from the sound of it, it will only be a matter of time before all public ferry terminals will be banned. Shame as I spent many years fishing off wharves around Sydney growing up as a child, will be a shame to lose this as it is great for kids to have fun and learn a few things about fishing with easy access in the Sydney area without waiting to go on holidays to wet a line.

Regards DYMAN

Yes mate and it's unfortunate as repaonsible fishers clean up after themselves! Whenever sad and I fished a wharf he would make sure every last scrap of sand and weed was gone. Fish were cleaned on the ahoreline where it could be washed away. Two purpose keep the spot clean and leave no evidence your getting fish there! Some people don't care.

I couldn't agree with you more Royce. How many times have we had to clean up other people's mess left on wharves before we could fish it. It doesn't take much effort to get a bucket of water and wash the area down. These fisho's that leave wharves in a disgraceful state have no respect for the patrons that use them. I would like to see their reaction if someone came along and cleaned fish on their kitchen table and then walked off and left it. We have a privilege to be allowed to fish these wharves but due to fisho's that want to leave these places in a mess and for the true fisho's that care about the environment our days could be numbered before action is taken by the governing authorities and ban fishing off all wharves. If this happens, all our top fishing spots are gone forever.

What about Wharf Road Gladesville. The council supply two bins, one for recycling and one for general rubbish.

Last week I spent a half an hour emu bobbing picking up bottles, cans, lure packaging, hooks sinkers, rotting prawns, dead pilchards, small dead cat fish and McDonald food wrappings before I could feel comfortable to fish this spot.

The smell of all this made me feel sick. The bins were overflowing and absolutely foul smelling. The council should ensure these bins are emptied regularly also.

Howsy

Can't agree more there any spot that attracts fisherman is subject to this behaviour especially when you can access it all hours name any wharf! That's why cabarita wharf has a permanent ban for fishing by the council!

And to clarify this post was not pointing at anyone it was pointing out that a spot I fished since a boy and kept clean by all luderick anglers was left a mess by some person fishing for them who did not bother to clean them off the wharf! I don't drop names or point fingers folks!