Latest Anti Theft Device For Free !

Whitto

Got mail yesterday from BRP Australia (Evinrude/Johnson) ... a Data-Dot DNA kit.

This is the latest in anti theft devices and has been supplied by BRP/Evinrude free of charge to protect my 60hp Etec.

:thumbup:

I wonder if all manufacturers will follow suit?

Yammy was doing a pilot program for it a couple of years back - I had the offer of it getting done for nothing but never got around to gettting it done.

It's offered as an option by quite a few dealers now, no idea about the cost though.

My opinion - it should be free and compulsory for all manufacturers :)

Yammy was doing a pilot program for it a couple of years back - I had the offer of it getting done for nothing but never got around to gettting it done.

It's offered as an option by quite a few dealers now, no idea about the cost though.

My opinion - it should be free and compulsory for all manufacturers  :)

70967[/snapback]

I purchased a new Yammie 2 years ago . It came at no cost as part of the package.

If we are talking about the sane thing there was approx 500 dots the size of a pin head with a number encoded & a bottle of solution (glue) .

Painted them over the boat , trailer & motor.

When the solution dried , impssible to see except under a infrered light

Geoff

Guest Jocool

Data Dot is by no means new technology. It's been around for a while, but didn't get real popular till car manufacturers such as Subaru started using it to tag their WRX models.

It is now found in many fields, and in actual fact you can get it done for all your electronics and home stuff as well. Very highly reccommended by various insurance companies, and the police.