Rosebay in search of Monster Whiting 10th of Feb

HookemDano

I've been hearing and reading rumors about Rosebay holding some massive whitings on the flats. So I decided last night I would go in search of these beasts armed with none other then fat juicy blood worms....It was a bit choppy and blowing a fresh breeze around the 27km mark so not the best conditions to eye out the sometime fussy nibbles of the great whiting.

We hit the shallows at 9pm and it took a good 45 min before bang and the delicate tip of the rod dipped and as I picked it up it curled like the maccas arches we were dreaming about before hand. No mistaking it, I knew it was a whiting and I knew it was above average. I proudly landed a 37cm fat stonker of a whiting. The rumors are true they are huge, it wasn't long after that I lost a slightly larger model at the engine as I tried to whisk it out (with no net) stupid I know but I got to excited. 11pm and 2 breams later we called it a night with still half a bag of blood worms to go...the wind would'nt let up and we were rocking mad but happy to live the rumors...will do it again but this time I will be making sure the wind is non existent. I hope the pictures uploaded

post-4305-0-32337200-1455145407_thumb.jpgpost-4305-0-47078200-1455145527_thumb.jpg

Hi guys,

I have fish on the wall on new South head rd on numerous occasions using beach worms and nippers but I have been unsuccessful on all occasions. Could someone let me know what I'm doing wrong. Am I fishing in the wrong area of rosebay? I usually fish when the sun sets on a running sinker rig with about a 40 cm leader

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

I have fish on the wall on new South head rd on numerous occasions using beach worms and nippers but I have been unsuccessful on all occasions. Could someone let me know what I'm doing wrong. Am I fishing in the wrong area of rosebay? I usually fish when the sun sets on a running sinker rig with about a 40 cm leader

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

40cm isn't long enough. You will need at least 80cm. Ideally I would use 1m of 6lb fluro (attached to 4lb braid). Small running sinker - just enough to get it to the bottom. Not sure about the spot. I use the above up here on the north side and the bait barely hits the bottom before getting smashed if using live worms.

Edited by iamthecowgodmoo