Why do you fish?

Camo1808

Fishing is a challenge. You can do it on your own or with mates, or even better with your kids. You learn about nature and how to actually care about nature in a personal way, you get to pass this on to your kids if you have them and give them an appreciation of the real world. I love eating fish, nothing better than a feed of sashimi bonito, barbecued flathead or beer battered blackfish. I love camping and kayaking and boating, they all go together. I could go on and on, fishing is brilliant fun.

Matt

I fish because few things are more beautiful than throwing plastics and hardbodies in a deserted still backwater or tannin filled creek with towering gums and angophora's in the early mornings and late arvo's watching birds sing, lizards scurry over sandstone boulders while trying to fool an EP or the like into taking your offerings.

I love a feed of fish but for me it's the beauty of the locations tucked away hidden from mainstream Sydney life.

Sitting on the water watching the steam rise as the sun gets up

Watching the sun set over the water

Watching the black cockatoos and kingfishers fly past

Smelling the salt water

The anticipation of catching the once in a lifetime fish (still living in hope…)

Memories

Peace and solitude

Fishing with my wife or good mates

Working out where the fish will be and what SP/hard body lure to use

Casting the lure to exactly the right spot beside a snag to entice a fish to strike (OK, to be honest this is a work in progress)

The adrenalin rush when fighting a good fish

Catch and release

The fishing fix

Living in the best country in the world and being able to appreciate the freedom to fish whenever we wish

Certainly there is a common thread to this and I can relate to everything already posted.

For me the most significant thing is it makes me feel young.

It recaptures the excitement and enthusiasm for life that I know many of my friends lost as they

grew older... and safer and more conservative and comfortable.

It's as good as the night before Christmas when you were just a kid.. every time you go out!

I share 100% sentiment with you.

You hit the nail on the head, well said.

Me I started in the fresh and loved the peace and quiet up Bush in the small rivers.

Then I met the sea.

Love that smell the sound the challenge and the not knowing what I am going to get.

While you can try and target and it is a great buzz when you get what you want that buzz when you pull something out you have not seen before.

Also the look on a kids face when they get a good fish you know that feeling and that you are hooked for life.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

An old singing coach of mine was once asked on ABC radio why Mozart's music was so good. Richard's answer, and he's a good talker and very capable of analysing every note, was simply because it is.

He went on to explain that the same could be said a bout a good wine or meal. We just know.

I like fishing for all the reasons given by everyone above but deep down, it's just something I like doing because it's so good.

KB

Sitting on the water watching the steam rise as the sun gets up

Watching the sun set over the water

Watching the black cockatoos and kingfishers fly past

Smelling the salt water

The anticipation of catching the once in a lifetime fish (still living in hope…)

Memories

Peace and solitude

Fishing with my wife or good mates

Working out where the fish will be and what SP/hard body lure to use

Casting the lure to exactly the right spot beside a snag to entice a fish to strike (OK, to be honest this is a work in progress)

The adrenalin rush when fighting a good fish

Catch and release

The fishing fix

Living in the best country in the world and being able to appreciate the freedom to fish whenever we wish

I love the simplistic honesty of your response..."work in progress" and "still living in hope". Great post. Neil

[quote name="Rock&Beach"

Also the look on a kids face when they get a good fish you know that feeling and that you are hooked for life.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

This is the same for me it cannot be beaten and it also won me a Toyota Camry on Triple M. [emoji3]