Prawning Location

seachainz

So I'm thinking about trying to go prawning tomorrow as I have always wanted to try, and would like to hear suggestions from you guys. I heard Lake Tabourie and Burrill Lake are great places to go prawning at night. I will be bringing waterproof torches and prawning nets. Can you guys give me some advices about prawning as this is my first time and if you know a better location I will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Check out the location in the daylight first. Look for danger. Holes etc

If wading wear a belt.

Long tail on your net.

Schoolies like the sand

Kingies like the weed edges.

Take extra batteries

Head light can be handy.

Scoop like your playing tennis don't splash the water.

Thing about something to put them in. A shoulder fishing bag keeps you mobile.

Don't prawn on your own.

Don't know the area so can't advise on where to go.

Take a mate and have fun.

Cheers Steve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you from? Finding a good place to get them can be the hard part. Coila had good prawns before christmas but also had a huge ammount of people chasing them and taking way over their limit including the pros. So sadly went there last night for my first look since before christams and low and behold no prawns. ToThe people braging about getting 50 odd kgs night after night hope you get done oneday and loose everything.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Where are you from? Finding a good place to get them can be the hard part. Coila had good prawns before christmas but also had a huge ammount of people chasing them and taking way over their limit including the pros. So sadly went there last night for my first look since before christams and low and behold no prawns. ToThe people braging about getting 50 odd kgs night after night hope you get done oneday and loose everything.

That is not very helpful Gordon - pretty sure we do not have members bragging about 50kgs hauls night after night. If you need to report any fishraider send me a personal message.

You have to be in it to win it and good luck to those that spend time looking for prawns and waiting patiently for them to run.

I was at Tuross in December for the Coila Lake run. Unbelievable fun .....jagging 5 or more prawns in each scoop. We had daggy old torches, 2 scoop nets and my 10 year old son and I got 2KGs every night in less than 45 mins. To Gordon's point, there were guys with drag nets filling multiple full size garbage bins with prawns. No sour grapes because we got all we could use, but not sure why these recreational guys needed to take commercial quantities. Last time Coila prawned like that was 1974 and I was the 10 year old.

Just got back from Tuross yesterday after a weeks fishing and prawning. Coila was still prawning 'OK', I managed a couple of Kgs over the course of the one night I went out. I have heard about the complaints of Coila being hammered by pros and recs and a lot of people taking more than the 10 litre limit. Didn't witness it myself but its not a good look considering there is a concerted push to stop the Pro fishing in Coila.

If you are prepared for a drive, there is a much better prawning lake further south between Tathra and Merimbula. Wallagoot lake is another ICOL lake and I believe one of the best prawning lakes in the country.

Windy

Sorry mate wasn't accusing anyone from here of doing it was just trying to point out how sad it is that we all enjoy the hobby and should all be looking after our own intrests so we can continue being able to do it and people such as sea chainz are able to go out and find some too. I think everyone should making a mention when something like this happens so people know that others are watching and don't agree with what they are doing. I got my limit and have allot of prawns in my freezer now and wouldn't need anymore so what do people do with so many?