Whiting sesh

Krispy !

Headed out mid morning today to a spot where id seen a Mangrove Jack lurking during the week to try and get a few snaps of it to find the place busy with boats and sunbathers so decided to give it a miss and target some whiting instead. Quick pit stop to get some nippers and off i went. Arrived at some flats i havent fished in a long time and waded out. I could see several schools of small whiting all over the joint but decided to keep going till i found some better ones. Finally found some and they werent being picky. They werent huge but they were keepers. In the space of about 2-3 hours i picked up 10 legals between 27-33cm and threw back about 30 more. It was a nice little sesh to target something other than pelagics and they will go down nicely for dinner :)

post-11865-0-42263000-1459054546_thumb.jpg

A good catch there Krispy. Not much better on the plate than whiting.

Thanks yowie, I haven't targeted them in that long I forgot how good they are to eat :P

Awesome result there krispy well done

Seems like youve got the pelagics and the bread and butter species all worked out

Thanks GoingFishing :D was surprised tbh, this spot used to go really well around 10 years ago and looks like its still the same

Well done on those whiting mate,I'm sure they will go down a treat as they always do.

Thanks mate indeed they did

Nice catch mate, Where about did you fish? The hacking eustery?

Yup was in the hacking :)

Your a weapon mate on whatever you target! Good haul

Thanks W4z :)

His name are indeed Krispy! And he creams it all! All the time :)

lol

very nice. They're such a fun fish to hook too

They are mate especially when you're sight casting them and watching them take the bait

Nice catch mate, and you say you waded out? In Pt Hacking, I'm boatless and not to good on the uneven surface these days so was the going hard to reach before you reach the water, I know you won't say exactly where the place is that's understandable but a few clues to the general area would be appreciated if you will, cheers.