Hacking Whiting

Krispy !

Hey Raiders,

Headed down to the hacking late this morning to have a crack at some whiting again, got there a couple hours before low and planned to fish it till dead low. Used Nippers again and it was hard work getting to the legal fish in between alot of annoying toadfish but in 2-3 hours ended up with 6 legals. The rig was a long trace of 4lb flurocarbon onto a size 6 longshank and a 000 size running ball sinker.

post-11865-0-55119900-1459659003_thumb.jpg

Very nice looking whitings !

Thanks mate :)

Top stuff Krispy!Theres a memorable few feeds right there.I caught a just under whiting on a marinated chicken strip last week.First for me.

Cheers Fab1 there seems to be a fair few around

So Krispy, you have come back to the Hacking to catch my whiting. :074:

Good work there.

hahahaha yes im back to catch your fish yowie, ill try to leave some for you lol

Excellent work as always, Krispy.

thanks adamski :)

Great catches there mate? Lovely feed there. Do you mind letting me know where in the hacking you catch these whitings?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Got them at mainbar

Yes if you don't mind me asking as well? How do u get the hoppers without heading over to the sand bar? Looks like you were land based ?

Im always landbased papafish ;) Im lazy and I buy the nippers

Krispy

Can you tell me how to cast out and not

Loose Te nipper?? I tend to

Lose them easily when I cast hard.

when using soft baits like nippers you want to castthem out with a smooth motion gently,a long whippy rod and fine line helps in this regard.Hard casts with soft baits usually ends up with the rig going one way and the bait the other as your finding out.Think Finesse when fishing these baits.