Port Hacking feed

Yowie

Fished near Lilli Pilli early this morning. Pulled out the tailor on fish strips, and the crab grabbed a strip when it hit the bottom. Some bait stealing little reddies and tarwhine about.

Had a kingie swim around and under the boat for nearly an hour, probably just under sized. No matter what I did, it would not take a bait on a line - light line, small hook, good looking piece of squid, yellow tail strip, pillie. He was more interested in the scrappy baits, small pieces and even took some bread burley. He would mouth the bait a few times, realise there was no hook in it, then swallow it. Eventually swam off, probably not hungry any more.

Pumped a few nippers, then waded the flats for the flatties, not big ones, but enough for a few fillets. The wind was a bit puffy, so no good for drifting, as the wind was blowing across the run-up current.

Still a couple of schools of sand mullet swimming about (did not fish for them) but they should disappear in the near future.

post-13153-0-57948400-1460343378_thumb.jpg

Edited by yowie

Nice feed there again Yowie. Probably went passed you a couple of times this morning. I took a couple of grandkids out for a session.

Picked up some squids around the Hacking mouth, then trolled around for 30 mins or so for no takers.

Went out about a km or 2 for a drift and got a couple of flounder and dropped a decent cuttlefish at the boat. As you say, the wind

made for a lumpy ride so back on after about 30mins.

We settled in protected near Lilli Pilli and had a lot of fun with some little rats, and pinkies but no keepers.

Noticed a lot of bait fish around this time out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baitfish are swimming about here and there, those tailor are the first I have caught since January in my usual spots.

Can't complain, a couple of feeds for me and some for mum.

I found a couple of flatties off Cronulla last week, but they were only in a small area.

Nice bag of fish there yowie, that king seems like it had lockjaw, when theyre like that its almost impossible to get a bite

Thanks Krispy.

I tried a few tricks to get it to take a bait, but it was not going to be fooled.