NZ kings

pistolpete33

Hey Raiders

Been away in NZ and managed to get a bit of time off to go fishing. Spent a couple of days on the Coromandel Coast looking for kingies. Rather than post a report thought I might try something different and put together a video.

Hope you enjoy the vid and thanks for reading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhht9-YWv0I

Cheers

Pete

I watched it and it was a fantastic video including the music, and great Kingies had by all of you. I did notice however not one gimble belt amongst you so you must all have abs of steel, I would have needed one for sure. Were Kingies the only fish you caught out there?

How awesome was that! Great video capturing some chunky kingies.

I'm yet to see a skinny kingy from NZ... I don't know what they feed them over there but with the snapper it makes a worthy fishing destination!!

Cheers, James

I watched it and it was a fantastic video including the music, and great Kingies had by all of you. I did notice however not one gimble belt amongst you so you must all have abs of steel, I would have needed one for sure. Were Kingies the only fish you caught out there?

Cheers Stunami.

I think they deliberately withheld the gimble to make us feel the pain!!

Yeah we only caught kings on the day (certainly not complaining!!!). We did drop a couple of strip baits but no snapper in sight.

How awesome was that! Great video capturing some chunky kingies.

I'm yet to see a skinny kingy from NZ... I don't know what they feed them over there but with the snapper it makes a worthy fishing destination!!

Cheers, James

Thanks James.

I've had NZ on my bucket list for a while now, so when Mrs Pistol said pack your bags, I didn't need to be asked twice. We got some cheap flights to Auckland and hired a car. The drive to Whitianga is very enjoyable with sights to see along the way. Whitianga is a great little sea side town with plenty of places to grab a cold beer and reflect on the memories!!

Might have been there a week or two before you guys and good to see skipper Owen practicing his "kingfish two-step" in the vid and you guys getting railed by the kingies. I was nowhere as brave and gimbled at first opportunity.

Definitely something to the bucket list - added below are some more teasers and I will get a report up once im over the post fishing trip blues.

Dan

post-9949-0-49936700-1460944747_thumb.jpg

post-9949-0-71992000-1460944931_thumb.jpg

post-9949-0-02676000-1460944939_thumb.jpg

Might have been there a week or two before you guys and good to see skipper Owen practicing his "kingfish two-step" in the vid and you guys getting railed by the kingies. I was nowhere as brave and gimbled at first opportunity.

Definitely something to the bucket list - added below are some more teasers and I will get a report up once im over the post fishing trip blues.

Dan

lol...yeah it's pretty much organised chaos when you get a double hookup!! Looks like you got a couple of very decent fish and is that Bergy's bonce in the shot? Looking forward to reading about that one!!

Great video mate. Good effort without the gimble but nice to see commonsense prevail. There dirty fighters those kings! It's always humbling to be railed by a good fish, it's when I smile the most!

Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Great video mate. Good effort without the gimble but nice to see commonsense prevail. There dirty fighters those kings! It's always humbling to be railed by a good fish, it's when I smile the most!

Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks Scratchie. The memories are going straight to the pool room!!

Hey Raiders

Been away in NZ and managed to get a bit of time off to go fishing. Spent a couple of days on the Coromandel Coast looking for kingies. Rather than post a report thought I might try something different and put together a video.

Hope you enjoy the vid and thanks for reading.

Cheers

Pete

Great video

I'm of to NZ next week and will be in the Coromandel Coast for four days.

Might try my luck.

Did you go with charter and if so who was it with ?

Thanks