Shoal Bay

jordy

Hi all just spent a great week at Shoal bay.Concentrating on lures only landbased found the fishing a bit tough only landing rays and small sharks on plastics which seemed to be rife throughout the weed beds.Kids had a ball chasing the wily garfish which were everywhere, at one stage while having a swim a school of them showered everywhere around us couldn't see what was chasing them though.Also spied a school of whopper bream,luderick and some cruising bonnies throughout our time there as well as a huge bust up just past the moored boats, got a good look through the binoculars and appeared to be tuna of some sort the culprit.The bait fishos using live worms seem to do well on the whiting on a rising tide.On the jetty one evening seen a lunker whiting caught by a gent who earlier bought a couple of pre rigged handlines a packet of prawns and a fishing liscence ,first time fish for a first time fisho who I assisted preparing the fish for the table,he was very greatful for the help and looking forward to grilled whiting for dinner,ah the luck of fishing.In hindsight I probably concentrated to much on the plastics plenty of them came back chewed without hooking up , when maybe shallow diving minnows might have bought more luck over the weed beds,tried some small poppers which the garfish tailed in at times but no luck there either.Cant complain the family had an awesome time and will be back post haste to crack the code in a wonderful part of the coast.PS attatched a few pics can anyone help with the ID.post-17648-0-33203100-1460941651_thumb.jpgpost-17648-0-33910100-1460941709_thumb.jpgpost-17648-0-12041300-1460941762_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you had a good time up here! Shoal bay is certainly productive this time of year. The first photo is a blind shark and the second a numb ray!

Cheers scratchie!!!

P.s don't touch the numb ray!

I learnt the hard way, didn't know what a numb ray (electric ray) was until I took the hook out from its mouth.. Zzzaap... Scared the cr#p out of me...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk