Camping advice needed.

mattfinn

Im home with the family till Monday and the plan was to leave Friday and spend two nights at wollondilly river station. This has fallen through due to being booked out for a while and a lack of organisation on my families part.

We've done loads of camping over the years but now that my brother and I are hardcore fishos (well I am anyway) the fishing factor comes into play.

Plan b with a. Being wollondilly is to go upper colo river as its only 40 minutes or so from home (Windsor/hawkesbury)...Sadly is also booked out for Saturday night....

Plan c is to head to lake st Clair but I'm less keen as I reckon this place will be cramped with skiers and I wouldn't be able to cover enough water to fish by land.

Plan d. Is head lithgow way (newns/glow worm cave) which means no fishing other then Lyall but I'm not trout fisho and again I think a similar issue to st Clair.

Any other ideas with good fishing oppurtunies? Parents not keen on anymore then a 2 and a half hour trip(with trailer and possibly kayak as well as two dogs). Basic amenities(toilet) preferred but not a big deal.

I'm a bass fisho and since being home last Friday have gone out every day in the creeks.

Cheers Raiders!

Edited by mattfinn

Lake glenbawn! It should accommodate for everything you and your family want on a camping holiday!

Cheers scratchie!!!

That was my first thought, but been ruled out as too far...

Being narrowed to lake st Clair, newnes and lake Lyall.

It's interesting seeing my parents take fishing into consideration now that my brother and I can't just chase wombats around for a weekend.

Edited by mattfinn

Lake Lyle is popular never stopped there.

PM me if you would like a good trout stream in the Lithgow area.

Camp facilities are 1 Pit outhouse.

Its the OK+++!

Free camping.

5 Star - Stars up there!

My favorite camp spot ever.

JD.

That was my first thought, but been ruled out as too far...

Being narrowed to lake st Clair, newnes and lake Lyall.

It's interesting seeing my parents take fishing into consideration now that my brother and I can't just chase wombats around for a weekend.

I lived on the blue mtns for 20years. Lake Lyell is pretty ordinary to be honest. More ski boats than jet skis on the George's!

Would definately worth the extra drive! Lake StClair is pretty good and would be a better fishing option!

Lake Lyle is popular never stopped there.

PM me if you would like a good trout stream in the Lithgow area.

Camp facilities are 1 Pit outhouse.

Its the OK+++!

Free camping.

5 Star - Stars up there!

My favorite camp spot ever.

JD.

Will shoot you a pm. Just never fished for trout before. Would have more luck chasing carp.

I lived on the blue mtns for 20years. Lake Lyell is pretty ordinary to be honest. More ski boats than jet skis on the George's!

Would definately worth the extra drive! Lake StClair is pretty good and would be a better fishing option!

That was my thoughts about Lyall... Also thought it's a bit early in the year and dry for trout in my limited knowledge.

Have a look at Dunn Swamp up near Rylstone, great camping spots, not sure about dogs, beautiful water for the yaks and fresh water fishing

I was there 2 weeks ago, it gets very crowded on long weekends and its first in best dressed in saying that you could be lucky now that summer has passed. We stayed 2 nights & only heard of 1 fish being caught and that was a carp.

Great spot very scenic take the yak for a look around the lake. I dont think its a dog friendly park though.

There is a property near Dunns swamp bordering the Woolemi national park. Franks Breakaway only one group is allowed in the camp area at a time. The main camp area also has a covered shed.

It's near the river / creek leading from the damn. Around 5k walk to Dunns swamp itself or 10 minutes drive. Up until a few weeks ago it was available this week.

Scratchie I was going to send him up the fish river?

Flat Rock

In between O'connell and Tarana

Gods country

JD

Your right dave, beautiful place but not for the whole family. More of a sneaky get away yourself or with a mate

Scratchie I was going to send him up the fish river?

Flat Rock

In between O'connell and Tarana

Gods country

JD

How far of a drive is this?

I'm 18 my brother is 15 we go off wandering quite a bit. I don't know what mum and dad do.

I've always preferred the isolated spots but that's just me thinking with a fish brain.

Cheers for the help fellas

How far of a drive is this?

I'm 18 my brother is 15 we go off wandering quite a bit. I don't know what mum and dad do.

I've always preferred the isolated spots but that's just me thinking with a fish brain.

Cheers for the help fellas

It's just past Lithgow, so a touch over 2 hrs.

It's booked, it's decided we are heading to lake st Clair.

Cheers for all the help scratchie and JD. I'll keep flatrock on the radar.

In saying that how has st Clair been fishing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate

If you visit it once you will return! I have many times.

Basically a cow paddock by the river

If you do intend going in the future PM me and I happy to give you a heads up on what to do and what to take.

JD

head to Green patch near Jarvis Bay, great camping and nice fishing as well. Amenities with toilet, showers, BBQ's, always nice and clean.

Definetly no dogs allowed there its national parks I'm sure . Not wrong about the rest though great spot out of holiday season