Hawkesbury Crabs

Anthony S

Took my two boys crabbing today in the Hawkesbury, Kids had a great time pulling up the traps.

All up we probably caught 25 crabs letting the smaller ones go and keeping 17.

​Bait used Mullet, all caught on the incoming tide.

post-19447-0-41789700-1463302857_thumb.jpg

woo thats some great catch there champ! how many traps did you guys lay out? and would you been trapping around the bridge? haven't had so much success like yours in ages :) and also was it at the top of the tide?

cheers

Put 2 traps out myself in 6m of water for about 3 hours while fishing yesterday. Put some Baker in it I caught the day before. Zero crabs for me. Wrong bait or not enough time or wrong location?

Took my two boys crabbing today in the Hawkesbury, Kids had a great time pulling up the traps.

All up we probably caught 25 crabs letting the smaller ones go and keeping 17.

​Bait used Mullet, all caught on the incoming tide.

Wow.. Great catch mate... Is this land based?

woo thats some great catch there champ! how many traps did you guys lay out? and would you been trapping around the bridge? haven't had so much success like yours in ages :) and also was it at the top of the tide?

cheers

cheers

All crabs caught on the bottom of the run in. Had 8 traps out until a big cruiser ran over one of them cutting the rope. Crabs were caught around Milson Island, all caught in 4hours.