Where Is....

Guest Jocool

I drove down to Canberra today. Due to a tyre blow-out, I was stretched for time and didn't get a chance to hunt down some good water photos. But I think I have gone one better! :thumbup:

This is for all the oldies out there! May bring back some memories. :biggrin2:

I found a little tackle store in Queanbean, and he had the most awesome collection of old tackle I have ever seen. I was virtually drooling all over his counter. No matter what I said to him, there was no way he was selling me any of them! :thumbdown:

All of the reels that I saw were operational. They were all faultless even though very dusty. And some lures were still in the original packaging.

What a blast it was to see stuff that I used to always read about as a kid, but could never afford. :yahoo: I hope you guys get as big a buzz from seeing them as I did!

gallery_4_69_43644.jpg

These are various sized lures from a by-gone era. They include some fairly old Gadden's and some Rubblex lures.

gallery_4_69_50475.jpg

This is an original Rubblex Flopy still in the original packaging.

gallery_4_69_45273.jpg

Gotta love the writting on this one!

gallery_4_69_12112.jpg

Bet you haven't seen Heddon's like these in a while.

Edited by Jocool

gallery_4_69_5817.jpg

Old School spin reels.

gallery_4_69_12169.jpg

gallery_4_69_2596.jpg

Original Seascape. He still has the box, instructions, and the parts that came standard in the box! :thumbup:

gallery_4_69_29629.jpg

Daiwa Millionaire circa '66 :1yikes:

gallery_4_69_37076.jpg

Any one remember Glidex reels? Heres one!

I have heaps of pictures, and I'm trying to get them up in my gallery. If you want to see more, then just click HERE,and I will add some more later tonight.

Thanks Joe,

That certainly brought back some memories. The bottle of "Speed" filler in the first photo reminds me of the first time I ever got high, I had filled about 20 rods in a confined room, sniffin fumes, came out to the shop to serve someone, and almost fell over!

Cheers

Ken