Quick fish for my sanity

Rah

G'dqy Raiders,

It was one of those morning where I thought if I don't go for a fish soon I might go insane.. so a quick look through the emails and nothing urgent to do I headed to the cooks to see if there was anything about after the rain.

I fished the end of the run out and beginning of the incoming for a small flatty and a 36cm trevally. Dropped a few others and busted off on something else toothy.

Sanity in check I headed home for lunch.

As a side note: I have a friend out from the states that fishes for walleyes with her old man in Minnesota and has only ever used bait. I got her first fish on a plastic down at orient point. (I think it was a leatherjacket)

post-19048-14648378436495_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

post-19048-14648377848861_thumb.jpg

Nice one Tara. I know what you mean. I haven't got out in about two weeks for various reasons and this weekend is looking horrible too!

I bet it felt good to land that first one! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

P.s yes it's a leather jacket!

I know the feeling all too well Tara. Alas, in my case, I think it's too late and I've gone insane. No water =no fishing = no hope.

Well done that you got a few and some for your friend from the good old US of A. Cheers.

That's not a bad silver trevally Tara, would have been a decent fight on the light gear!

It can be quite painful when you don't get out for a while can't it, I've been getting into doing my own maintenance on reels (starting with the old cheapos and working my way up) to keep my sanity levels up when I can't get out for whatever reason.

Awesome feeling to put your mates onto a fish thought isn't it?

Ads

Awesome sesh Tara!

I've started organising my workshop with various rod holders made from rubber and reel holders and so on. When I'm walking from the garage to the house, I find myself in the workshop spending a few hours just tying rigs... It's how I get by haha...

Guest 4myson

Well done Tara !! Next thing will see you with your own class at Plastics day Next year !!....LOL....

Nice one Tara. I know what you mean. I haven't got out in about two weeks for various reasons and this weekend is looking horrible too!

I bet it felt good to land that first one! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

P.s yes it's a leather jacket!

It sure did scratchie. I only needed the first one to have me sorted so the trev was an added bonus.

Cheers

Tara

I know the feeling all too well Tara. Alas, in my case, I think it's too late and I've gone insane. No water =no fishing = no hope.

Well done that you got a few and some for your friend from the good old US of A. Cheers.

You might have to make that trip to Sydney. :)

Sam, Ads, and Budz,

That was my next option if the rain had started up again. Ha Ha.

By the time spring comes around we will have no excuse for disorganised/faulty gear. ha ha

Well done Tara !! Next thing will see you with your own class at Plastics day Next year !!....LOL....

Ha Ha Not too sure about this one.

Have you gotten out there to get one on plastics yet?

BTW don't the dogs play the sharks next week? :sun:

Cheers

Tara

BLOODY SHARKS !!!!....LOL.....

Hahaha. Sorry mate. And sorry Stewy.

Sharks are on fire at the moment. I'm not holding my breath though.

Hahaha. Sorry mate. And sorry Stewy.

Sharks are on fire at the moment. I'm not holding my breath though.

I've literally been waiting my entire life for them to win a premiership...I never hold my breath anymore haha

I've literally been waiting my entire life for them to win a premiership...I never hold my breath anymore haha

100% mate.

Like you Adsy I have been waiting for Cronulla to win a Premiership for a very long time.

Lets hope they can pull it off this time.

Cheers

Jim

Fingers crossed! We are definitely due...