Just a cruise on Brisbane Waters

Greyfox

Yesterday, I replaced all the rollers on the boat trailer, god only knows how old the rubber ones were. ll split and cracked and jammed.

Today I took the wife for a crusie in Brisbane Waters, mainly to try out the boat trailer rollers, wow what an improvement to have rollers that actually roll not jam and wont turn. It is like night and day. A huge improvement for putting the boat on and off the trailer.

The wife just wanted a quiet day on the water so we packed a lunch , and a thermos of tea, must have the tea, and off we went, we where going to gp up the Hawkesbury River but when we got to half tide rocks and saw the swell the wife said no, we headed back and had a lovely cruise in Brisbane Waters, stopped at the Rip Bridge for lunch, the tide was wrong but still put out two rods, no luck but didnt expect any, then we cruised to Saratoga and up to Gosford before heading back to Koolewong.

All in all a great day with the wife and dogs.

And isnt that what life is about.

post-38688-0-81630100-1465708439_thumb.jpeg

Yesterday, I replaced all the rollers on the boat trailer, god only knows how old the rubber ones were. ll split and cracked and jammed.

Today I took the wife for a crusie in Brisbane Waters, mainly to try out the boat trailer rollers, wow what an improvement to have rollers that actually roll not jam and wont turn. It is like night and day. A huge improvement for putting the boat on and off the trailer.

The wife just wanted a quiet day on the water so we packed a lunch , and a thermos of tea, must have the tea, and off we went, we where going to gp up the Hawkesbury River but when we got to half tide rocks and saw the swell the wife said no, we headed back and had a lovely cruise in Brisbane Waters, stopped at the Rip Bridge for lunch, the tide was wrong but still put out two rods, no luck but didnt expect any, then we cruised to Saratoga and up to Gosford before heading back to Koolewong.

Sounds like a relaxing day out on the water,Those new rollers will certainly make a difference to using old seized ones.My rear rollers on the way out due to rust and I'll be replacing all with solid stainless round bar when I change them over.

Cheers.

Great report and I recon your right.

Also I see you have the "Old Salty Sea Dog" navigating.

Great photo.

Edited by Blackfish

Love being on the water, it relaxes me, does'nt matter what I am doing on the water but just to be on it is magic.

How great is it that it is an affordable hobby/ sport to be on the water for everyone. You can have a cheapie plastic canoe, to a multi mega yatch, but for me my old 1986 boat and motor is my choice of fun.