Back to Basics

Krispy !

Headed out this morning at the gentlemans hour of 7am to see if the recent rains had brought in my favourite winter target which is the silver trevally. Armed with a block of pillys the plan was to fish cubes down a burley trail on 4lb. it took a while for the burley to work but as soon as it did I had a double hookup. I was fishing with 2 rods so I had to open the

bail on one of them whilst bringing up the first trevally and then bring up the second which was a solid trev at 46cm and net it at the same time.

post-11865-0-06228100-1465978996_thumb.jpg

post-11865-0-41039800-1465979018_thumb.jpg

I quickly re baited and sent out another cube, 30 seconds later I was onto another nice sized trevally.

post-11865-0-00826300-1465979090_thumb.jpg

Again I re baited and a couple minutes later came up tight on a thumper breambo which gave me a lot of stick on the light gear. Quick pic and sent it back to fight another day.

post-11865-0-66939500-1465979165_thumb.jpg

Things really slowed down on low tide however as soon as the run up started kicking I was back in business getting 2 trevally and surprisingly a watsons leaping bonito which decided it wanted to hang around for winter.

post-11865-0-26190300-1465979338_thumb.jpg

post-11865-0-43739500-1465979355_thumb.jpg

post-11865-0-15233600-1465979379_thumb.jpg

I got down to my last few pilchards at around 1pm so burleyed up a fair bit and send a cube down when I came up tight to a steam train. Initially I thought I hooked a 50cm + trevally but this thing didn't stop running, there was no immediate structure other than the pylons beneath me and the fish was heading out so I decided to play him out. 20 minutes later a buggered kingfish finds the back of the net, it went bang on legal but since I already had a feed I sent it back to grow a few more kgs.

post-11865-0-13046400-1465979662_thumb.jpg

Headed home straight after looking forward to some sashimi for later tonight :D

Edited by Krispy !

Some nice fish there Krispy. A good bream to top it off.

Hopefully the rain put the fish on the bite everywhere in Sydney. I left in the caravan the day after the rain stopped and did not have a chance to fish.

Currently at Rockhampton, Qld, but the wind is blowing strongly from the S/E, day and night, and was told to be wary of the river as it has a few crocs in it.

Have not had a chance to wet a line yet.

Nice one Kareem, enjoy the sashimi mate. That's one nice breambo you got there.

Thanks Pete, sashimi was great :)

Some nice fish there Krispy. A good bream to top it off.

Hopefully the rain put the fish on the bite everywhere in Sydney. I left in the caravan the day after the rain stopped and did not have a chance to fish.

Currently at Rockhampton, Qld, but the wind is blowing strongly from the S/E, day and night, and was told to be wary of the river as it has a few crocs in it.

Have not had a chance to wet a line yet.

Thanks yowie, hopefully you get into some fishing soon up there

Quality bream there, Krispy, and a nice mixed bag to boot.

Cheers adamski

Well, that is a productive day.

And a nice kingy to top it off,

Well done mate

Thanks sambros

Nice catches brother! Now u can tell terry "you get the cube, you get the king"

Johny

HAHAHAHAHA yeah I gotta tell him that

Im coming over

Youre always welcome groper

Good effort Kareem,

I notice the water temperature is up around 21 Degrees - that's a little above average for this time of year

so maybe that has something to do with the Pelagics hanging around.

Cheers

Jim

Edited by fragmeister

Solid bag there 4lb...!

That first Trev is solid!

Thanks 8lb :)

Good effort Kareem,

I notice the water temperature is up around 21 Degrees - that's a little above average for this time of year

so maybe that has something to do with the Pelagics hanging around.

Cheers

Jim

Yeah the water temps are unusually high

Great few spent doing what we all like doing, looks a great haul, well done

Thanks Greyfox :D

great catch krispy! top day mate. where you on the hacking? i haven't been out for almost 6 weeks since the cold weather kick in...

Thanks papafish, i was in the harbour