House boat on the Hawkesbury

michael2203

Watch the weather as there is a lot of debris in the Hawkesbury at the moment. With the dam full and due to flow over today it will bring a lot more down river.

Your better of staying down around the lower Hawkesbury and don't venture up past Bar Point.

Saying that you would be hiring a house boat down that way and not around Wisemans to save you a lot of time.

Jeff

I spoke to a few of the boat owners at our marina on Saturday afternoon and they were all saying the same. Three of them had been out and said the water is filled with logs, branches etc. Last night I noted there is a fairly big log stuck under the stern of my boat in the berth. Guess i might be going for a swim at Bobbin Head, cant wait as i am sure the water is clean and warm.

If I was hiring a houseboat, I would wait for the Hairtail outing which is in two weeks. You will be able to get good advice from other fishos on where to go.

From my experience of the Hawkesbury after rain with the debris is don't go. Don't forget any damage to the houseboat you pay and small logs can make a mess of props.The trouble is they are not all visible, I have had to repair my fiberglass hull after hitting a small log submerged.

norm