26/6 Johns Jetty

Ryder

We caught up with old friends Sonya and Andy last night for dinner. Chilli Mud Crab, yummo.

Sonia's Dad, John, has a nice waterfront that I have fished in the past for some great bags.

It must be over a year since I tried it, and today it proved it still fishes very well.

The action started from the second drift. I got a good down, and busted off on what felt like a solid fish.

Next drift, I pulled the hooks on another good fish.

Then I landed one just legal, and pulled the hooks on a few more.

The downs kept coming, and I did land the odd fish in between screwing up.

Rather than counting the fish, I was counting the misses. At least a dozen bust offs or pulled hooks.

I left them biting after 2 hours, with 5 in the bag and 1 throwback.

There were some big fish, the largest 2 would have been mid 40s, no pic my phone died.

I kept 3 for the table

post-33162-0-85626100-1466925707_thumb.jpg

I have to get rid of this braid.

The Hank Newman performing well.

Go the Hank. I do know plenty that use the braid but as you know it has no give. Give the mono a go as it might be right for you as it is for me. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest hawkesbass

And where was my invite?

Just joking mate nice solo effort.

Mate ditch the braid and practice on a true centrepin and it will get easier for you.

Neil, mate I blame the braid, there is no stretch. But then again I stil have a bit of stink on me.

Things don't go quite to plan.

I switched to braid because I am using an Alvey Blackfish reel and the side cast option. The mono line just gets twisted.

Steve, I'm looking for the nitlon, haven't found it available. The Dango option is gone, and Sunline float line sinks, go figure.

Trevor, crab night goes very late, I wasn't sure I'd make it today, Andy didn't. Haha

I didn't start until 1pm, and it was racing within an hour.

It was really a reconnaissance mission after our chat last week.

And yes, the fish are there.

Neil, mate I blame the braid, there is no stretch. But then again I stil have a bit of stink on me.

Things don't go quite to plan.

I switched to braid because I am using an Alvey Blackfish reel and the side cast option. The mono line just gets twisted.

Steve, I'm looking for the nitlon, haven't found it available. The Dango option is gone, and Sunline float line sinks, go figure.

Trevor, crab night goes very late, I wasn't sure I'd make it today, Andy didn't. Haha

I didn't start until 1pm, and it was racing within an hour.

It was really a reconnaissance mission after our chat last week.

And yes, the fish are there.

Sorry forgot to chase the nitlon up. I'll check it out this week. Tried the sunline the yellow one and I didn't like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk