Stradbroke Island

krause

Hi all,

Bit of a report here, and a few questions and fish id's. I just did a road trip to north stradie and was lucky enough to be allowed to throw a line in.

With horrific westerly's keeping the swell at zero, i hit the rocks at point lookout. Walked past the crowds on the easy to reach shelf and hopped down to a nice spot with some deeper water. First arvo i took the girlfriend so it was quite casual. I got a nice bream and she was interested, so out goes a pillie and i give her the rod. As im telling her to watch the braid for bites i notice the bait swimming away. So i help her raise the 13ft rid and she's on. Safe to say it wasn't another bream. It started peeling line and going in all directions. Helping her pump and wind we were getting nowhere. 5 minutes in she was buggered so i took over. I tightened the drag and.... well i only pissed it off. Instead of erratically swimming about, it looked north and kept going. Following it as far as i could i screamed at others to reel in. As it go closer and closer to getting around the point i finally turned its head. Yes i proclaimed as i got 20m back. No i proclaimed as it turned once more. Seconds pasted as i swore at the fish to stop. 200m of line down and it popped me on the point.... bugger

Next morning i was keen, but no monsters. Did get into 6 bream all over 35cm, one getting close to that magic four-zero. Over the next day there were more bream and a few trevs. Below are some pics of the unkowns. Any help is appreciated.

216b7e2b641d3d286335813d960d724a.jpg4f806357cd48658d2fca75ef25eeb4b0.jpga49ca0e8b186634dd9b51c540c2897e1.jpg

Cheers guys, enjoy

Sounds like a great road trip was had, plus having a fish as well.

Anyway my guess on the fish,

The first .... what I call a Wire netting Cod Epinephelus merra (though there's plenty of common names.)

Second Moses Perch/Snapper/ Fingermark Bream Lutjanus russellii

Third I recon is a Silver trevally Pseudocaranx georginus