Replacement trailer winch handle

robboqld

Just bought a tinny with old homemade trailer. The winch seems old style and has no handle. All the replacement winch handles on the market fit a hex socket i think 22mm is the standard.

The winch i have takes a square handle male end into female socket on the winch ... pic attached when i find out how

Does anyone know where i can get a suitable handle for the winch. The guy i bought it from was using some sort of extension arm on a socket wrench.

Thx for any pointers.

Rob

post-39565-0-03668400-1468396857_thumb.jpg

Edited by robboqld

Rob first up welcome to the site mate, plenty on here are willing to lend a hand and some good advice, I'll start off with suggesting just get a long reach double ended ring spanner the right size and put a wooden handle on it ( the other end other than the part going on the winch ) .

I have been using a home made handle like this for 20 odd years . And never forget to take it off the winch before moving the trailer to park or go home.

Frank

Rob first up welcome to the site mate, plenty on here are willing to lend a hand and some good advice, I'll start off with suggesting just get a long reach double ended ring spanner the right size and put a wooden handle on it ( the other end other than the part going on the winch ) .

I have been using a home made handle like this for 20 odd years . And never forget to take it off the winch before moving the trailer to park or go home.

Frank

Seems like a clever solution to me.