1st post

samjames95

Out on my kayak at Yarra bay was the destination for fishing this morning. Arriving early at around 7 with quite strong wind, it was not looking to promising. After a few hours of fishing I ended up with; 2 flathead (46, 52cm - both released) and a reasonable flounder (32cm) which was kept for the table as it is quite a family favourite.

I also tried jigging some squid around the kelp and rocky shoreline, but no luck - probably due to the run out tide which brought through quite murky water. I hear bare island is quite good for squid, does anyone know where and when to find them?

Sorry only photos of the flounder as it was the only one I kept!

post-38483-0-35468500-1469681228_thumb.jpg

Edited by samjames95

Hey mate nice flounder..yummy. For the squid you can try Bumbora point or all around Bare island toward La parouse bay. I only fish these spots if the waters nice and clear with no wind and on run in and out tides. I generally have good success there 5-6 big squid a time.

Hey mate nice flounder..yummy. For the squid you can try Bumbora point or all around Bare island toward La parouse bay. I only fish these spots if the waters nice and clear with no wind and on run in and out tides. I generally have good success there 5-6 big squid a time.

Thanks for the advice, I will be sure to try this as soon as possible. Hopefully this wind can die off a bit in the coming weeks !