Oops forgot the hand brake

Stapo

He was lucky a couple of council boys were passing and they had a winch on their vehicle. He rang insurance company and yes they right off because of the salt water. They arranged a tow truck.

The boat looked good tied up to the jetty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Stapo

Is that car an automatic? It looks like it from the pic of the inside. I don't get how can an automatic car roll down, if you had it in Park, even with hand brake off. If its in Park gear it won't budge.

He said it slipped on the weed. Maybe the trailer pulled in if it went over the back of the ramp. Council cleaned it up today 1949de1ebccfc954e9bcdbf4a89820b7.jpg

958293f6cc7b28214297572a7c19c962.jpg

Ah right, yep that does make sense. That sort of thing will generally happen when its low tide.

Low tide means the lower part of the ramp is exposed with moss, very slippery you can't even stand on 2 feet. And to add to that, some ramps don't go all the way down on low tide, instead just drops off maybe a few inches into the sand. Yer mate I always avoid low tide when launching and retrieving. Poor fella wish him the best of luck.

Ah right, yep that does make sense. That sort of thing will generally happen when its low tide.

Low tide means the lower part of the ramp is exposed with moss, very slippery you can't even stand on 2 feet. And to add to that, some ramps don't go all the way down on low tide, instead just drops off maybe a few inches into the sand. Yer mate I always avoid low tide when launching and retrieving. Poor fella wish him the best of luck.

Thanks. Yes fully insured very embarrassed.