Urgent advice needed

GoingFishing

So we arrive at the petrol station this morning and dad fills up petrol while i go to the bathroom

Come back and dad is stressing, hes just pumped 60L of fuel into the rod holder . WHAT

The rod holder has an open base, its spilled onto the floor and into the base of the boat. Got knows what its eaten along the way

What the f#%k do i do?

Ive just had the brigades out for advice they said i should pull the whole boat apart give a rinse and let it air out for as long as possible

I would start by gurnie the whole thing out! Sorry I can't help on what would disperse the petrol but I would start there and use some soapy water too!

But also try to salvage as must petrol as you can as to not damage the environment.

Cheers scratchie

Ive given the whole boat a good wash down and tried to flush the base as much as i can

The smell is very strong so i might have to leave it 24 hours to let the fumes go away before i open it up and rinse her out again

Petrol was emptied into buckets then into jerry cans wel have to find a depot to dispose of legally.

Im just praying to god that the petrol hasnt eaten up any cabling or any of the foam for the buoyancy. Is it worth having an electrician do a check up ?

I actually feel quite sorry for dad it was a simple mistake could have happened to anyone !! Hes got this wrong idea that hes losing his faculties :(

tell him it was your fault and all will be ok in the universe....shit happens