Mixed bag at 12 miles

Chaohuang

Weather turned out to be worse than the forecast, with quite strong winds making it uncomfortable. However, we still managed to catch some barracouta, long fin perch, nannygai, kingfish, sergeant baker, snapper, leatherjackets, all with slow jigs.

I have been told over and over again that sometimes the fish just won't bite lures, but till this day I still don't believe in this saying. For predatory species, so long as you get the presentation right, lures work just as well if not better than bait, even live bait.

post-38423-0-09006200-1471773727_thumb.jpgpost-38423-0-74229400-1471773728_thumb.jpgpost-38423-0-82536900-1471773730_thumb.jpgpost-38423-0-52553800-1471773732_thumb.jpg

Nice bag mate. I agree, if fish are gunna eat they are gunna take a well presented lure.

Thanks, we released quite a few of the barracouta and a rat king, but still got a good feed.

That's right, presentation is so important.

Mate, Kudos to you again showing how its done.

Thanks, hope it helps!

great catch mr huang! we share the same name lol. how heavy is that jig!? can't believe that little fish attack it as well :)

At 12 miles where the sea is about 100 meters deep, we use anything from 200-400g depending on the current. Yes, slow jigging opens up new frontiers for jigging, even the smaller predatory species can be caught!

Credit where it's due. Your on top of this technique.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Thanks, I just hope to introduce these new techniques to Australia. Slow jigging has already been widely accepted in South East Asia and Europe while the States are also gradually picking it up.