LET'S GO FISHING !

Guest 4myson

Guest 4myson

Caught up with my Uncle Frank & his wife Jan on Saturday night over dinner at our place & the STRANGEST thing happened , Half way through dinner we started talking about FISHING ! (well between the blokes anyway...LOL..)Phones come out & we're sharing photos of recent trips on the snapper we've been catching off Bellambi . Before you know it we were both on Seabreeze checking out the forecast for the week ahead & with Monday looking like a Cracker of a day,& since I was waiting on an Engine Block to come back from the machine shop I was free & We just both looked at each other & said Stuff it "LET'S GO FISHING" Monday !!! It's been a few years since I've been out with my uncle for a fish & he's as Keen as me when it comes to fishing . So Monday mourning i picked up frank from his place at Raby & we headed straight down to Bellambi with my boat in tow , we got to the ramp just on 6:30am & boy was I suprised to see the ramp PACKED ...Look like everyone else was discussing fishing during their dinner as well .... We headed to out first mark in 25m & after an hour nothing but Barracuda's I made the call to head a bit deeper to 50m mark & first drop resulted with frank onto our target species a Snapper just over 38cm & before you know it we had 6 keepers all between 31cm to 40cm & just like that the Barracudas turned up there aswell ..So we set off to deeper waters away from these pests & found ourselves on our third mark for the day which was in about 80m . It was quite for a while but at least we weren't re-rigging every cast due to those Cuta's .. We upsized our sinkers & sent out out pilly's to the depths & before too long Frank was onto our biggest for the day a nice 57cm Snapper .. I picked up two more keepers around the 38cm mark before the dreaded Cuta's turned up again & this time with a VENGENCE ! They were all around the boat & you could actually see them swimming around the boat so with 9 keepers on the boat & the time being just after 1pm I made the call to head in & call it a day . The water was nice & Glassy with no wind or drift whatsoever & the ride in was as smooth as a baby's backside ...All in all a Great day out & with a Great Feed to Boot !!!post-34552-0-15984700-1471911109_thumb.jpgpost-34552-0-75697100-1471911135_thumb.jpgpost-34552-0-83486800-1471911107_thumb.jpg

Edited by 4myson

Good work, a great feed of reds.

You were lucky to have a day with not much wind. The forecast light winds in Bate Bay near Kurnell, eventually hit 30 knots, a bumpy ride home in a tinny against the westerly, with only 5 flatties on board.

Guest 4myson

Thanks Guy's for the comments ... As they say "You should NEVER talk Politics or Religion over dinner"....LOL.. My uncle was Stoked to land the Snapper .