Botany Bay Sunday

ace1223

Hi Guys,

First post on this forum, Went out to fish Botany Bay yesterday, Beautiful morning with wind very minimal and the sun shining. Started off fishing the first run way to see if it will produce any decent table fish but unfortunately it did not, Further then fished the barrels, Kurnell but only produced some small travelly. Finally fished run way 1 again which then produced 2 30cm snapper and a 28cm bream, As the weather changed approaching the afternoon we decided to pack-up and head home. Although the nice day but the wind coming strong later on the bay has been very quiet as the kingies seem to have disappeared for the season ( Sorry did not take any pics guys )

Cheers

Ace

Hi Guys

My first post on here, I just bought a side console and I intend on hitting up botany a lot in the coming months.. I was just wondering if I could get some advice on where I can find the livebait grounds in the bay, preferably squid.

Cheers Gezza

I was out there Sunday too, with the forcast supposedly 2.6m swell I was planning to fish for squid.

Instead I peered out at the heads and accidentally ended up at the peak.

I think the weatherman had the forcast backwards!

Botany is hard for squid, I never do well there - here's where I go though.

gEAByCU.jpg

1 - Back the boat right up close to the rocks. burley hard and you'll be plagued with yakkas.

2 - Pull in next to the walkway and drift out to the middle, its deep here but it holds some squid.

3 - Between 4 and 6m of water through here, drift along and you'll cover some large weedy areas - you can go a bit further around the rocky areas to the east too. Just be careful of the rocks.

I've heard of people doing well to the east of #3, other side of the oil wharf. Never tried there though.

Edited by amkr

I was out there Sunday too, with the forcast supposedly 2.6m swell I was planning to fish for squid.

Instead I peered out at the heads and accidentally ended up at the peak.

I think the weatherman had the forcast backwards!

Botany is hard for squid, I never do well there - here's where I go though.

gEAByCU.jpg

1 - Back the boat right up close to the rocks. burley hard and you'll be plagued with yakkas.

2 - Pull in next to the walkway and drift out to the middle, its deep here but it holds some squid.

3 - Between 4 and 6m of water through here, drift along and you'll cover some large weedy areas - you can go a bit further around the rocky areas to the east too. Just be careful of the rocks.

I've heard of people doing well to the east of #3, other side of the oil wharf. Never tried there though.

Thanks heaps any advice is great .. and at least that's a starting point