Tea Gardens/Hawks Nest

p-ziller

G'Day Raiders,

Long time no talk! I've spent the last couple of months putting in a lot of land based hours trying to crack the Jewie on plastics but to no avail.

Anyhow, I'm taking the Mrs and the boat up to Tea Gardens/Hawks Nest on Friday and was wondering if anybody could give me some advice on where to fish?

I lived here a few years ago but way to busy slaying the beers to slay the fish :beer5:

Was thinking of a night session or two at the singing bridge in hope for Jew and possibly a lazy beach sesh for salmon but not sure where to take the boat.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Paul.

plenty of options offshore if boat big enough ?????....if not some big bream round the oyster racks on corrie island...even though its winter don't discount very big flatties along winda woppa or up along jimmies beach to yacaaba..sps work brilliant on the weedbeds and sand flats of jimmies...the boulders at the eastern end of jimmies is one of the best bream spots on the coast..fish lightly weighted mullet strips and hang on...any questions just ask if I cant help scratchie prob can...rick

plenty of options offshore if boat big enough ?????....if not some big bream round the oyster racks on corrie island...even though its winter don't discount very big flatties along winda woppa or up along jimmies beach to yacaaba..sps work brilliant on the weedbeds and sand flats of jimmies...the boulders at the eastern end of jimmies is one of the best bream spots on the coast..fish lightly weighted mullet strips and hang on...any questions just ask if I cant help scratchie prob can...rick

Thanks for the info Rick!

I have read a fair bit on the oyster racks from other posts. Unfortunately the boat isn't big enough :(

Looks like I will be hanging around there.

Cheers,

Paul.

The shortcut fishes well on the tide changes. It's also worth throwing a few lures around the bridge for a few jew on the still of high tide. Don't go to heavy on your gear or you won't hook up but good luck getting them out of there. Catch 22 really! The Flatty should start to be more active in the next 4 weeks or so!

Good luck Paul.

Cheers scratchie!!!

The shortcut fishes well on the tide changes. It's also worth throwing a few lures around the bridge for a few jew on the still of high tide. Don't go to heavy on your gear or you won't hook up but good luck getting them out of there. Catch 22 really! The Flatty should start to be more active in the next 4 weeks or so!

Good luck Paul.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Unfortunately the weather ruined our plans! hopefully be up there in the next few weeks!

• 7 years later...

Hey fellas

been fishing up these parts for a few years on holidays using softies and baits, timing is everything in tea gardens chasing mulloway, they are there! You just need to be in right place, right time situation. I been chasing them myself only managed a few schoolies and 90cm on sps, but bigger ones are there for sure, been busted off by some big ones. Where I fish (won’t reveal my little drop off) I have caught some huge flatties, (ones to write home about) if you dig deep around the rock walls and put in the hours of throwing big plastics on the change of tides you will eventually hit one of the big puppies sniffing around!