Daiwa crossfire surf rod 12ft 7-15kgs

Guest Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789

Hi raiders,

Just want to share with you all how awesome this rod is. I've had it three years now and absolutely PUNISHED it from land. 30lbs line lifting big 60cm+ salmon up 4 metre ledges, high sticking pigs and trevally, bashing it around the car/garage/rocks, spinning big 65gram metals, even caught a bronzie from the beach. And it has not failed me despite being incredibly light graphite and costing sub $100. Now that's value!

Guest Guest123456789

Hi Neil,

Yes I agree the graphites are generally weak, seen a few snapped lifting big fish. Surprised I haven't snapped this yet either.

Exactly. I'd been chucking spinner baits round with a graphite rod at Burrinjuck Dam and decided to have some lunch. So I set the rod up with bait and lobbed in. Placed the rod up against the side of the boat and poured the coffee. Next thing the rod takes off and doubles in half. Not thinking I lift straight up and the rod snaps. Managed to stay connected though and pulled the fish in with the top part of the rod in its mouth. Price you pay for not thinking ahead, eh?

Guest Guest123456789

I tell you what though the weight of a 12 foot rod and a 3000 reel is so light. Fish all day without tiring. Used to own a 12 foot glass rod and alvey reel, felt like a telegraph pole!