Luderick bait

trigunner54

Hey guys. I've been wondering where people get all their green weed from. I've read that you find it in creeks or drains but couldnt find any after searching in the georges river region. Can anyone be kind enough to pm me a place that has some (wont use alot, only have time for max once a week).

Thankyou

Try wharf pylons facing the sunshine. Otherwise ocean rocks. Ocean rocks have huge amounts of the stuff. Just go for an expedition one day and grab a bunch of cabbage and other weed types if you can find them. In my experience a simple zip-lock and refrigeration should keep it good and usable for a week or so.

if your rock fishing for blackfish get it from the rocks where your fishing,i use cabbage type not weed.

I would only use fresh off the rocks as you need it,only use what you need to bait up your hook.

1 large leaf hooked up correctly will be irresistible to a blackfish off the rocks in the correct conditions.

Guest Lord Loser

Don't get sucked in to using just cabbage off the stones. They will go the weed on some ocean ledges Bare Island is a classic example. If cabbage is not taking fish try weed if it's growing on the ledge. Fish with what's getting washed in to the school of fish and what they are tuned in on!

At Dawn Fraser pool I have caught luderick on both weed and cabbage.

Guest Lord Loser

You must love going to Dawn Fraser lord! How's your cardio level?

Its one of the better spots I have fished and love the cardio work out, carrying the sand down is bit of a work out so I only like to carry one bucket of burley in, I wouldn't recommend trying to carry two buckets of burley in, only a fool would attempt that!!! Its fishing, not a Strongman Comp :)

hmm I was down that area today not Bear island but close by.

only caught 3 out going tide too,then the tide came in and white washed my area not to mention the wind and thunder storm had me ducking for cover under a cliff ledge,dont like lightning and I got wet from the tide. :ranting2:

I wasnt using my normal set up and the line twist was frustrating but not as frustrating as re rigging a different float.

I got sunburned too lol. :ranting2:

Edited by D.G

I was at The Gutter. :biggrinthumb:

I know i fish some of the same rocks as some people here , just think i could have been standing right next to you today.

I been fishing those spots since Prince Henry Hospital was there.

I bet ive seen some of you before,that regularly fish those spots. :clapping:

I grew up in Bondi back in the 70s then lived in Maroubra and Matraville for a long time where the old Matraville drive in used to be. :fishing1:

Edited by D.G

I was at The Gutter. :biggrinthumb:

I know i fish some of the same rocks as some people here , just think i could have been standing right next to you today.

I been fishing those spots since Prince Henry Hospital was there.

I bet ive seen some of you before,that regularly fish those spots. :clapping:

I grew up in Bondi back in the 70s then lived in Maroubra and Matraville for a long time where the old Matraville drive in used to be. :fishing1:

I lived opposite PHH 1974-76 and fished the rocks along there. went to Matto High ....actually had fishing as a "Sport" option for Year 11-12.

Jim...

Edited by jot