Hairtail

eastwood1980

Hi guys, was going to keep this a secret but I owe to much too FR, on Wednesday 11am launch tinny from AT. Went to potonga etc in search of some feed, well we caught one flattie and a travelly and it's 4pm omg lost all hope.

Decided to stop by WB on our way back, we were the only ones there, anywazzz both of us bottom bashing with no result till 5:30pm friend gets a bite bang a WTF hairtail I thought the season was over, told my friend his got lucky that's all.

Next think you know I was on to one as well WTF???!?!?!??

Well after that changed to hairtail rig...... NON STOP only dropped 2 to 3 metres and sometime right on the surface WTF WTF.. Had 2 blocks of pillies all gone and their still there WTF some are so fat it's not funny, well anywazzz

My friend caught the biggest one and when he boated the fish BANG his toe gets bitten really deep blood running out non stop oh well.

At the end we only ended up with 18 hairy lost like 2 block of pillies ffs.

After coming back home decided to go again on Thursday with my old man,

6pm to 9pm constant bites then slowed down chucked one 7metres and there were on the bottom, ended up with 7, couldn't fish because old mans a newbie need to bait chuck teach him everything. How do you post photos on here ffs.

I know friend is reading this buddy this might be last run for the hairys let everyone have s go.

Pretty sure no one know because for those two days my boat was the only one

Edited by eastwood1980

Well done, sounds like a dream session.

A session where you will never forget in your life. Will be talking about it forever, a session you have no time to eat drink breath at all and your legs are shaking non stop from excitement and every few sec you know you'll get an action.

Hi guys, was going to keep this a secret but I owe to much too FR, on Wednesday 11am launch tinny from AT. Went to potonga etc in search of some feed, well we caught one flattie and a travelly and it's 4pm omg lost all hope.

Decided to stop by WB on our way back, we were the only ones there, anywazzz both of us bottom bashing with no result till 5:30pm friend gets a bite bang a WTF hairtail I thought the season was over, told my friend his got lucky that's all.

Next think you know I was on to one as well WTF???!?!?!??

Well after that changed to hairtail rig...... NON STOP only dropped 2 to 3 metres and sometime right on the surface WTF WTF.. Had 2 blocks of pillies all gone and their still there WTF some are so fat it's not funny, well anywazzz

My friend caught the biggest one and when he boated the fish BANG his toe gets bitten really deep blood running out non stop oh well.

At the end we only ended up with 18 hairy lost like 2 block of pillies ffs.

After coming back home decided to go again on Thursday with my old man,

6pm to 9pm constant bites then slowed down chucked one 7metres and there were on the bottom, ended up with 7, couldn't fish because old mans a newbie need to bait chuck teach him everything. How do you post photos on here ffs.

I know friend is reading this buddy this might be last run for the hairys let everyone have s go.

Pretty sure no one know because for those two days my boat was the only one

Hairtail are a very weird fish, Jesus top session though, I thought the season was over for them :fishing1: