Prawning season is open

Stapo

4103e9524085257b565cd263b09cef48.jpg

Prawned with Marvin tonight. Totally different spot than previous seasons as The Entrance channel has changed a lot.

But didn't seem to effect the prawns all school prawns no light required just put your net in the water and they swim in.

I was only there for an hour as I wanted to get home to watch the footy.

I left Marvin with them still running he's probably filled the bucket by now.

Very tasty. So sweat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. I remember when lake Illawarra fished that well. How do you like to boil them? Salt? honey? fresh water ?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Fresh water then I add salt. Tried the brown sugar and vinegar doesn't seem to make a difference. Maybe the sugar caramelised the shell for easy peeling but they are fresh and sweet they don't need anything but salt.

Good line up on the moon and tide Stapo! What time did you get out, around 2100?

I'm going to declare war on lake Illawarra this season, I'm sick of them giving them the slip!

Early start to the season too.

The Entrance can be 3 to 4 hours behind the normal tide charts as Tuggerah lakes is 1 metre higher than sea level.

High tide in the ocean was around 3pm. So it turned and started to run out out at 6pm.

We hit the water at around 6.15pm. Had a bit of a look around and found a spot.

I got out around 7.30 and was home cooking them by 8. Watching the storm just get home.

I normally start 4 to 5 days after the full moon.

The best way to eat them

Fresh prawns:) since

I'm a chef. We like it serve. With soy, fresh chilli garlic, shallot, heated hot oil and pour it over the bowl with all the ingredient. Add Maggie and sugar to taste! Restsurant quality for live prawn:)

The best way to eat them

Fresh prawns:) since

I'm a chef. We like it serve. With soy, fresh chilli garlic, shallot, heated hot oil and pour it over the bowl with all the ingredient. Add Maggie and sugar to taste! Restsurant quality for live prawn:)

Yes. Nice. We sometimes cook them like that down there with a portable bbq.

00dfbcac648f0e35a25c9ce77552d27f.jpg

Steve o Steve! Great snack while watching the footy:) How's the long weekend looking champ? Might head down with the family. :)

Long weekend not good. Don't make a special effort. Wrong tide. It won't start to run out till midnight.

I had a look tonight. Nothing. Win some lose some I suppose.

Forgot to ask, were you wading or from a boat?

Yes October 15 or 16 for 3 weeks. I wade in the shallow water. We need a run out tide on dark at The Entrance. They swim out to sea to spawn.

Might be different in your area as up lake munmorah way they are greasy back prawns which live in the lake. Tide doesn't matter and they can use drag nets.

We can only use scoop nets and there is regulations on size and length. Max catch 10kilo bucket. Don't forget the fishing license

would love to learn how to prawn.

I reckon if i learned to prawn and got prawns i would give fishing away.

It's not hard. Check your area at night look for the lights. Ask around see if their running. October November and right through summer.

Important to check your spot at the same tide during the day. Do a bit of recon.

Stay safe. If your wearing waders you can sink like a stone. Always put a belt on.