No bait today...luderick on fly

luderick -angler

Had another brilliant Sunday session this time in the Lane Cove River shore based targeting luderick on fly in the shallow water with Trevor and Paul. We landed 9 and dropped a few and missed a lot of takes! I think Paul missed ten in a row! Just something different from the the usual way we target them!c3844912d3eaea54a9c8bb98817708aa.jpg52e0c730b8d86547688f981c319b3092.jpgb1eca541574663b5340bdc3d7dba0edf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Lord Loser

Had another brilliant Sunday session this time in the Lane Cove River shore based targeting luderick on fly in the shallow water with Trevor and Paul. We landed 9 and dropped a few and missed a lot of takes! I think Paul missed ten in a row! Just something different from the the usual way we target them!c3844912d3eaea54a9c8bb98817708aa.jpg52e0c730b8d86547688f981c319b3092.jpgb1eca541574663b5340bdc3d7dba0edf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What type of bait did you use today mate?

We certainly do unless I am sight fishing over sea grass beds

I was going to ask about sight fishing them. What's the process? Are you casting and slow retrieving with the current. Do you use 2 "flies", one weighted for normal (non sighting) luderick fishing? Intriguing. I think it's great how innovative anglers have become in their quest to catch fish. Cheers, Big Neil.

Big Neil when fishing deep water I use two methods first iscaxwf floating line and indicator rig with a bb split shot 6 inches above the fly, the other technique is using a sink tip line and swinging the fly in the current or wash off the ocean rocks. When sight fishing shallow water I use a very light weighted weed fly there's a little bid if lead wire in the shank tied in to the fly and I sit it under a small indicator and watch the take cast to sighted fish.

GreenHornet Ian using either an 8 weight around structure and ocean platforms for clean water where there's no real snag hazards I use a 5 weight. Also depends I. How heavy a rig I need to cast. Lots of lead use the 8 lighter rigs prefer the 5