springtime kingtime

Krispy !

Headed to the harbour early yesterday morning for a bit of a gander to see if anything was around, didn't have much time as I had an appointment at 11 so plan was to be out by 930. It was windier than expected when I arrived, but decided to push on so began burleying with pilchards but nothing showing up other than pickers however there was a fair few squid around which kept me busy, most of them being perfect lollipop size. It was completely dead for most of the morning until a live squid I had out got slammed and my rod nearly flew into the water. Grabbed the rod and immediately knew this was a decent fish from the weight, first run was blistering but I stayed patient and played it out, began gaining on it and again it went for a run. a few minutes later I had it turned and had colour, a nice sized king was on its side and gliding through the water. A few sketchy net shots later I had it up and it went 80.5cm on the brag mat. Dispatched it and into the esky which i couldn't close properly, as the time was 915 decided to call it then and headed home.

post-11865-0-71973300-1475641862_thumb.jpg

Good to hear Krispy, good harbour king there...hopefully they will be coming down to the bay or hacking soon! Always look forward to your king reports ...keep em coming as I only do 1 harbour shot each year in my little boat around the wedding cake, great system for big kings at the right time.Great start to the season mate

Good to hear Krispy, good harbour king there...hopefully they will be coming down to the bay or hacking soon! Always look forward to your king reports ...keep em coming as I only do 1 harbour shot each year in my little boat around the wedding cake, great system for big kings at the right time.Great start to the season mate

Thanks mate looks like its gonna be a good season

Great job yet again... you certainly are the shore based King of Kings!

Cheers

Jim

Thanks fragmeister, always good to run into some kings.

yeah harbour is fishing well at the moment, tonnes of garfish about. Pier 69 at the moment is firing!

Nicko i just need you to redeem yourself after that last time with live garfish..poor form LOL

Pier 69...never heard or seen one off sydney harbour...

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Its hidden somewhere in the harbour foreshore between rose bay and pyrmont lol

Nice one Krispy! It always feels like a bit of success pulling in a nice kingy! I'm Definately going to target a few this summer! Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks scratchie, kings are always great fun when theyre on the bite

Great catch Krispy!! Anyone mind telling me which spots to try around the harbour? Doesn't have to be any secret spots. I just recently got my first boat and not to familiar with boat ramps location and where you are allowed and not allowed to fish in the harbour. The boat has only been in the water once in the hawkesbury for a test run since I brought it. Cheers. Tamzie

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

Nice size king well done

Thanks mate!

Good catch, decent king!

Cheers mate!

The kings are finally coming out of the woodwork!

Beautiful fish, sounds like an exhilarating fight and you got the better of him in the end!

Excellent stuff.

Thanks mate was a real good tussle

Nice work Krispy

How do you rig the squid?

Hey mate just one hook through the back of the hood.

Great catch Krispy!! Anyone mind telling me which spots to try around the harbour? Doesn't have to be any secret spots. I just recently got my first boat and not to familiar with boat ramps location and where you are allowed and not allowed to fish in the harbour. The boat has only been in the water once in the hawkesbury for a test run since I brought it. Cheers. Tamzie

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

Try around the wedding cakes it usually holds some nice fish there

Nice catch Krispy,

Still waiting for my first King of the season. Jigging away to no avail. It will happen this Sunday I am sure of it.

Thanks mate hopefully you get into them

Good work there Krispy. A few things to keep me busy, so have not been inside the Hacking for a couple of months, only out off Cronulla.

Thanks yowie, waters finally warming up so fishing should only get better

You're Kreming it, Krispy! Awesome job as always!

Cheers adamski!

very nice! can't wait to get out there and wet a line

Thanks mate