Pleasant outside Sydney on the north side

saltrix

At last the wind eased and it was a pleasant day to be out fishing.

The usual troll around Nth Head did not produce although some good showings on the sounder indicated there was something moving around.

We headed out to DY Wide as a few weeks ago got very good catches of flathead, mowies, and a few small reds, but it was as dead as a doornail today.

At the 55m mark the usual small spikeys were absent along with everything else, baits went untouched the entire drift, so we headed into deeper water and managed a few keepers.

The 1metre hairtail was an unusual catch and would have been returned if he had been in good shape, as was the tailor in 70 metres.

Headed home about 11am and noticed a few boats chasing salmon outside Nth Head.

post-3961-0-90481000-1476515940_thumb.jpg

Guest Guest123456789

Nice catch!!

Went out today and saw the big school of salmon around Nth Head,

Tried everything to no luck though.

Good job on the fish!!

m

You're not alone they were schooling up around the rocks yesterday. Wouldn't take anything I think they were more interested in making love along with the dolphins who were clowning around.

I have been doing OK on the salmon although it is a bit hit and miss on the shown lures.

post-3961-0-40876100-1476774354_thumb.jpg

The first lure which is 5cm long and has no weight so needs fly tecs to get out but I use a small sinker 20cm in front and a light leader.

the small lure with the treble works fairly well but not as good as the unweighted lure.

Forget any large lures as they are feeding on whitebait.

Hope other raiders agree

Guest Guest123456789

I have been doing OK on the salmon although it is a bit hit and miss on the shown lures.

attachicon.gifweb.jpg

The first lure which is 5cm long and has no weight so needs fly tecs to get out but I use a small sinker 20cm in front and a light leader.

the small lure with the treble works fairly well but not as good as the unweighted lure.

Forget any large lures as they are feeding on whitebait.

Hope other raiders agree

These two lures are working on the sambos for me at the moment. Halco 20gram with 7/0 single hook

post-36607-0-41096500-1476777263_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest123456789