What The?

KingsRule

very possible.

i was reading one of starlos articles on eps and actually tagged one in an eastury and it was re-caught in another up/down the eastury. so these puppies travel outside at times. but they must dodge the pro's nets while doing this. a major threat

They catch them in the Entrance Channel from time to time which is only about 200m from the ocean

If you were going to put a classification on them you would probably say that Bass were a freshwater fish that move into brackish/salt to spawn, and that Estuary Perch were a brackish water fish that move into real salt to spawn. Most of the waters that I have caught them in have been genuine salt water, even up high in the creeks where they seem to be over summer. They are caught at the road bridges in Narrabeen, around the piers near the harbour bridge, at the Como bridges, the entrance road bridge, so It wouldn't be too surprising to hear of them showing up at Kirribili, or even Bradleys Head for that matter.

Matt

If you were going to put a classification on them you would probably say that Bass were a freshwater fish that move into brackish/salt to spawn, and that Estuary Perch were a brackish water fish that move into real salt to spawn. Most of the waters that I have caught them in have been genuine salt water, even up high in the creeks where they seem to be over summer. They are caught at the road bridges in Narrabeen, around the piers near the harbour bridge, at the Como bridges, the entrance road bridge, so It wouldn't be too surprising to hear of them showing up at Kirribili, or even Bradleys Head for that matter.

Matt

Hey Matt

They move even further downriver than Como, have heard of them picked up in Botany Bay during this winter gone, I have actually only ever knabbed them at these times. Will have to get further up river this summer and try my hand at luring them out of the snags.

Chris

Hi i was just reading a fishing report and it stated that one guy caught 3 Estury perch up to 40cm around at kirribilli. Is it true or even possible as i thought EP's were freshwater or brackish water fish.. :wacko:

They are actually quite common in the harbour form Aug - Oct & with more guys fishing plastics more are being caught. I know a spot around that area you mentioned & we target & catch them regulary there.

Cheers.

add brisbane waters to that list of EP strongholds. I have caught them using sabiki rigs trying to catch herring for bait. At first i was surprised to catch them but soon after became a regular occurance. The biggest went well over 3kg and took a whole live herring. It was massive.