bass point fishing tomorrow

Newaz

31 minutes ago, Lungfai76 said:

Swell predictions are big, hopefully ledge we usually fish from is protected enough from the south swell. I'm dropping off the bro inlaw around the area so might come down and have a ? ?

just an hour back, swell height was around 2m moderate.. now its showing 2.9m rough..grrr.. I hope by 6am tomorrow, it drops down.. but still going and will give a try.. finger crossed.. stiil can cast from higher ground in bass point..thats what I like about the spot..

I am so unlucky..i fished there for days in a row..got a 2 kilo salmon only.. gone Tuesday..there were whole school of salmon and ppl got heaps.. :(

1 hour ago, Newaz said:

just an hour back, swell height was around 2m moderate.. now its showing 2.9m rough..grrr.. I hope by 6am tomorrow, it drops down.. but still going and will give a try.. finger crossed.. stiil can cast from higher ground in bass point..thats what I like about the spot..

I recon the swell is going to pick up more by tomorrow, so be careful mate.

14 minutes ago, Blackfish said:

I recon the swell is going to pick up more by tomorrow, so be careful mate.

I will check swell height before I leave.. else I will fish around kurnel rocks and beaches.. :( 

Just a silly question, with a high swell height, does the fish tends to go deeper in the ocean or doesn't matter. :) 

Big swell equals rough seas, rough seas dislodge food from their safety. Food attracts small fish, medium fish, and big fish. So a natural burley trail ?

Other benefits are you'll have the place mainly to yourself.

But it will be dangerous. If you do go make sure you keep both eyes on the breaks.

3 minutes ago, Lungfai76 said:

Big swell equals rough seas, rough seas dislodge food from their safety. Food attracts small fish, medium fish, and big fish. So a natural burley trail ?

Other benefits are you'll have the place mainly to yourself.

But it will be dangerous. If you do go make sure you keep both eyes on the breaks.

Thanks lungfai :)

2 hours ago, Lungfai76 said:

Nice, I thought the ledge would be protected by the SE swell but was not sure how much of the 8ft would be dampened by the point.

1 sambo or 1 king?

Sambo...hehhe

Fishing at port kembla now..i guy caught king..big..