Geoff

I have just discovered my GME 406 Epirb battery has reached it's use by date & the question is , replace the battery or buy a new unit

I have heard a replacement battery can cost about the same as a new unit , also the current models have better battery life & at one time offered a free replacement when it expired

There must be a few of these units now reaching their expiry date so if any one has been through the process I would like to hear yr comments  

Geoff

I was always under the impression the cost to replace the battery was about the same as a complete new epirb but was recently informed by Maritime its cheaper to replace the battery. I think they recommended batteryworld.

Jon

Just got one on the weekend from the local BCF - GME 600 GPS model for $279 

(it was during there big sale)its a bit more for normal- I went for this one because my current one was not GPS capable- new battery was around $150 with no warranty so easy choice.

Tks guys , $ 279 is good , Whitworth are currently $289.  I would rather a new unit rather than messing around with the replacement battery .

I suppose the question is then , what to do or how to dispose the old one