Port Hacking

Yowie

Headed out to the deep water up from Lilli Pilli this morning. Rain was not forecast for this morning, but it showered for some time, and the wind changed direction so that it was from every point on the compass, changing every 10 or 15 minutes.

Used fish and squid strips for 2 just over legal reddies (plus the usual hordes of undersized bait thieves) and 1 flattie of 55cm. No yakkas, only sweep, so fed a few sweep to the sea eagle.

As I was heading off, I saw some tailor kicking about, so threw out a lure (seemed like a thousand casts) for 2 tailor about 35cm, dropped another beside the boat, and had a hit from a larger one that did not stay hooked. They were feeding on anchovies, the lure was the same size, but they were more interested in the anchovies than the lure, and were moving rather quickly from place to place.

Pumped some nippers and drifted the various sand flats for 2 little whiting and a small flattie. Some places did not register a bite at all. Ned a good drop of rain to colour the water.

You always do better than many that fish the hacking mate.Keep up with the reports as I and many others enjoy reading your posts.

We couldn't get a bait to drop past those pesky sweep the other night.

Fabian.

14 hours ago, Fab1 said:

You always do better than many that fish the hacking mate.Keep up with the reports as I and many others enjoy reading your posts.

We couldn't get a bait to drop past those pesky sweep the other night.

Fabian.

The sea eagle can only eat so many sweep. :lol:

Dave.

Edited by Yowie

11 minutes ago, Yowie said:

The sea eagle can only eat so many sweep. :lol:

Dave.

It would of been one bloated sea eagle if I had fed it my sweep the other night.

If you didn't know any better you'd think they are Piranhas when you saw them.

They certainly strip your hooks quick.