PB luderick

Guest Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789
On 07/01/2017 at 4:57 PM, DMG said:

Nice fish bro.

Thanks DMG

7 hours ago, dlo2 said:

Have gone 50cm, many moons ago, weighed close to 4 and a half pounds, 15 minutes to land. Could not pick it up in one hand. Not braggin', but was fishing 2 foot deep!, on a protected south facing ledge adjoining a beach in a black nor'easter with all the many schools of luderick that normally sit on the long flat east facing ledges deciding to congregate 'round the corner from the blow and raging sea (as they often do). Also caught a nice bream and a "poddy" mullet that day. Both thrown back. 17 blackfish landed (20 bag limit at the time). Guy fishing next to me got 16. 

The mythical 50cm luderick, that would be one to remember. You must have been stoked to land it that's right up there with a 2 metre mulloway in my book. I've yet to see a photo of one on a brag mat, there are a few luderick fishos on here who are hell bent on catching one, its only a matter of time (maybe years lol).

I never measured fish until fairly recently when I started fishing for bass. My best blackfish is 1.8 kg no idea what the length was. I'm still trying to catch that 2 kg blackfish which is the magic number for me rather than length. 2kg bream would be nice as well :)

Matt

2 hours ago, macman said:

I never measured fish until fairly recently when I started fishing for bass. My best blackfish is 1.8 kg no idea what the length was. I'm still trying to catch that 2 kg blackfish which is the magic number for me rather than length. 2kg bream would be nice as well :)

Matt

Matt, 

my my best was 4pound 8oz cleaned and Dads was 5lb 10oz from Nambucca 

The record for this site is 48cm by the bloke from Tuross. I personally witnessed a 46 cm last year, So I wouldn't be surprised to see a 50cm at some stage. There's been a few 60cm + bass caught over the last couple of years and a few genuine 1m plus flathead, still some pretty incredible fish swimming around our waters!

• 1 month later...