A tough but rewarding trip

GoingFishing

Gday Raiders

been a while since iv posted a report, a mixture of bad weather and being busy have kept me away but i managed to get out today with a couple of mates

all 4 of us headed out at 5am, early start. We headed to the northern beaches and the conditions were alot sloppier than expected. 2 of the mates ended up burleying over the side of the boat but they stuck it out and we managed to get a good session in nonetheless.

managed some flatties, 3 snapper and hooked a shark which took a snapper as it was coming up the water column, it was good fun for the 4 seconds it lasted before being busted off haha couldnt get an ID.

lost the best fish of the day at the side of the boat, a 60-70cm flatty which my newb mate missed with the net 3 TIMES !!!! Spat the hook with a vicious headshake on the surface.

fish were spread wide and far and we moved around alot, water temp was 20 to 21 degrees but clean. We called it quits at midday as the wind picked up

certainly workd hard for the fish but the boys went home with something for dinner so all in all very satisfied :)

off to the entrance tomorrow which should be fun, does anyone kno if the local bait shops will be open?

image.jpeg

Thanks for the replies fellas

Conditions the past month or so have been very strange ! Water is colder than expected and sloppy. Generally safe to fish but makes for an uncomfortable sessiion for those who have trouble keeping the seasickness away!

hope everyones getting some time on the water this holidays

On 24 December 2016 at 4:47 PM, GoingFishing said:

Gday Raiders

been a while since iv posted a report, a mixture of bad weather and being busy have kept me away but i managed to get out today with a couple of mates

all 4 of us headed out at 5am, early start. We headed to the northern beaches and the conditions were alot sloppier than expected. 2 of the mates ended up burleying over the side of the boat but they stuck it out and we managed to get a good session in nonetheless.

managed some flatties, 3 snapper and hooked a shark which took a snapper as it was coming up the water column, it was good fun for the 4 seconds it lasted before being busted off haha couldnt get an ID.

lost the best fish of the day at the side of the boat, a 60-70cm flatty which my newb mate missed with the net 3 TIMES !!!! Spat the hook with a vicious headshake on the surface.

fish were spread wide and far and we moved around alot, water temp was 20 to 21 degrees but clean. We called it quits at midday as the wind picked up

certainly workd hard for the fish but the boys went home with something for dinner so all in all very satisfied :)

off to the entrance tomorrow which should be fun, does anyone kno if the local bait shops will be open?

image.jpeg

In the end you got a great feed.I would add net training as well as doubling the size of the net  for my mate high on the to do list as missing more than twice is pretty bad.lol.

Cheers.

4 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

In the end you got a great feed.I would add net training as well as doubling the size of the net  for my mate high on the to do list as missing more than twice is pretty bad.lol.

Cheers.

Net training thats a good idea! Ive been giving him grief about it almost daily so there is some justice haha

i wasnt too upset because at that size i would have probably let her go ! A measure and a foto would have been nice tho!