Couple days of bassing

Rah

G'day Raiders,

Been back on the water at first light the last 2 mornings to chase some bass, and the bass gods have smiled on me with some great fish. 

Yesterday I managed to land 12 fish with 3 big girls throwing the hooks yak side. Biggest matching my PB from the other week.

The brother in law was keen to get his first bass on a lure so he joined me this morning. The Creek is to skinny to fish side by side in the yaks so with a few quick pointers and a stern warning that if he looses my lure to a bad cast into the tree he owes me 30 bucks I set him off in front so he couple hopefully get one hooked up. 

It only took about 10 minutes  (and a couple of lure retrievals from low branches) for him to have his first bass on a surface lure yak side. In the next 30 minuteshe had landed another 2 and it was time for him to head off back home. He was cheering and couple believe how much fun it was. 

I had no plans for the morning so I headed further down the Creek to see if I couldn't temp some fish myself. 5 minutes later and I had my first for the morning. 

Saw a very fishing looking spot up under some lantana that I knew had to hold some fish. As soon as the lure hit the water there was an explosion on the surface and my cicada was smashed.

A great fight followed before I could get her in the yak,she was a big fish and before I could get myself organised there was some flipping around and she was back in the water. Luckily with the lure still in her gob. So I fight her again, and back in the yak. I was better prepared and got the measure on her and a new PB ofor just under 40cm. Yahhhhhh!!!!! 

Quick snap and she was back in the water. 

Landed another 3 for the morning, but they couldn't match the new PB. 

Great couple of mornings but looking forward to not waking at 5am tomorrow. :)

Cheers

Tara

20161228_073951.jpg

Guest hawkesbass

Very nice couple of days chasing the bass.

Nothing beats a bass hit on a surface lure.

Starting to get a itch for some bass action myself now.

On 12/28/2016 at 3:39 PM, Rah said:

G'day Raiders,

Been back on the water at first light the last 2 mornings to chase some bass, and the bass gods have smiled on me with some great fish. 

Yesterday I managed to land 12 fish with 3 big girls throwing the hooks yak side. Biggest matching my PB from the other week.

The brother in law was keen to get his first bass on a lure so he joined me this morning. The Creek is to skinny to fish side by side in the yaks so with a few quick pointers and a stern warning that if he looses my lure to a bad cast into the tree he owes me 30 bucks I set him off in front so he couple hopefully get one hooked up. 

It only took about 10 minutes  (and a couple of lure retrievals from low branches) for him to have his first bass on a surface lure yak side. In the next 30 minuteshe had landed another 2 and it was time for him to head off back home. He was cheering and couple believe how much fun it was. 

I had no plans for the morning so I headed further down the Creek to see if I couldn't temp some fish myself. 5 minutes later and I had my first for the morning. 

Saw a very fishing looking spot up under some lantana that I knew had to hold some fish. As soon as the lure hit the water there was an explosion on the surface and my cicada was smashed.

A great fight followed before I could get her in the yak,she was a big fish and before I could get myself organised there was some flipping around and she was back in the water. Luckily with the lure still in her gob. So I fight her again, and back in the yak. I was better prepared and got the measure on her and a new PB ofor just under 40cm. Yahhhhhh!!!!! 

Quick snap and she was back in the water. 

Landed another 3 for the morning, but they couldn't match the new PB. 

Great couple of mornings but looking forward to not waking at 5am tomorrow. :)

Cheers

Tara

20161228_073951.jpg

Great colour to that Bass!

Did you get your stolen gear Back or did you buy new gear?

Jeff

4 hours ago, Day's Fishin said:

Great colour to that Bass!

Did you get your stolen gear Back or did you buy new gear?

Jeff

I bought new gear and then got all my stolen gear back. 

Go figure right.