Is the normal spray from engine

Guest stephanb79

Guest stephanb79

lol thanks rick .. im really happy i seen this boat at the boat show if it wasn't for a guy i meet when i was looking at the Formosa told me to go and have a look at the mclay i most probably would have bought the Formosa but in the end im glad i didn't this boat shits all over it hehehe 

Nylac is good stuff. Got to look after it though. After about 4 - 6 years if abused or left in the sun all day everyday it can start to peel and discolor then your boat looks like a mess.

Make sure you cover her up and as you say keep solvents etc away from her. 

Raw alloy is the best I reckon. Ding it, scratch it, rub it, bump it, scrape it, dent it. No worries! Just makes the boat look tougher. 

Awesome boat. Mclays are supreme. You won't find any faults with that boat. 

Yea the nyalic sounds great, looks great but I'm still sitting on the fence. Like Recurve has mentioned, the expiry date on the nyalic is a concern, guess time will tell. That reminds me, I still need to get those gps marks for you Recurve. 

Guest stephanb79
10 hours ago, Raymondo said:

Yea the nyalic sounds great, looks great but I'm still sitting on the fence. Like Recurve has mentioned, the expiry date on the nyalic is a concern, guess time will tell. That reminds me, I still need to get those gps marks for you Recurve. 

raymondo ,

i just gave jeff a call from nylac and there is no expiry on the nylac . they have one customer who bought a mclay 15 years ago and its still looks the same as new . if so its really easy to repair aswell if you damaged it  

Guest stephanb79
6 hours ago, Raymondo said:

That's good to know, I was told different. Either way there a quality boat, any luck I'll get an update on mine soon. Doubtful I'll have it in the water this summer. First job might be chasing fin.

That's what I want to do chase marlin and fin never done it before so I'm learning 

Guest stephanb79

HAHAH two guys fishing and not catching is better then a days work !!!!!

i would love to go out on sunday im waiting on my jb lures to turn up then im ready to go !!!

keep me updated down your way and as soon as im ready we can tag up and go out if you like 

On 31/12/2016 at 9:17 AM, stephanb79 said:

Hi guys 

i just got the my new boat and I have taken it out twice and I have noticed the spray on the back of the engine doesn't look right and doesn't matter what speed or what trim it still does it any idea what it is or is it normal?? 

IMG_4076.PNG

I've had almost the same issue today in my SR17 (I've posted everything but a photo like yours).

Sounds like I have a similar issue to what you had. This is good to know. :)