Trying to get in touch with a fisho mate called Hank

snatcher

Coming back over to oz early Feb from the UK for another 3 month trip,will be based at our daughters at Warriewood.   Trying to get in touch with someone I fished with on my first visit.  He was called Hank and lived at Cronulla,think his wife was called Jill.  He also had a holiday house down at Ulladulla where we went for a weekends fishing.  Also believe his son lives at Byron Bay.  Not too sure if Hank uses this forum though.

Any help in getting in touch with Hank would be more than appreciated.

Many thanks

John

Hi John,The hank your referring to if my memory serves me well was known as Paikea on this Very Forum and indeed lived in the shire(Cronulla) area with a Beautiful Tournament boat.

Im 99.9% sure this is the gentleman your after as I use to talk to the man quite often and helped him with some trailer work he wanted done.

I haven't seen him on this site for quite some time and hope he is healthy and well.

Your best bet would be to contact admin through a pm and see if they can help you and please send him my regards if you hear from him.

Fabian.

The Hank you describe sound exactly like Paikea as Fabian suggests.

He was a regular contributor to fish raider.   The last I remember he sold his Tournament and had a new boat on order.  He hasn't really posted since.

Hopefully all is going well for him.  

OK a bit more info for those that asked about Hank

I have passed Paikea’s contact details on to John (Snatcher). We hope to get John out either in my boat or Paikea’s when John comes to Aus in February.

Paikea is fine, still fishes regularly and keeps busy “pimping” his latest boat a 490C Bar Crusher that has everything that you could possibly fit to it.

Pushing the back of his heavy Tournament over onto its trailer last year shredded the major muscle in his left shoulder. The ortho surgeon then told him that once you get past 65 it cannot be repaired (Paikea is 78) so he decided to get rid of the Tournament and buy the Crusher which he can easily handle on his own.

He passes on his greetings to Raiders that he used to be in regular contact with and said that if you see the Crusher on Botany Bay or Port Hacking (inside or outside) pull over and say hello.

The Crusher even with all the gear for going offshore is much easier to handle one up. The Tournament whilst it was a super offshore boat was just too big.

That is Steve (NaCIH20K9) Paikea’s fishing buddy standing beside the Tournament just before Paikea did his shoulder in. Steve has since moved to the Central Coast.

paikea1.jpgpaikea2.jpg

J

Also say hello to him from me when you see him John, he would know me as Nimrod, not FrankS.

I used to know hundreds of guys personally through fishing sites, now I regard myself as a loner and very rarely get to see any of my old mates.

Frank aka nimrod

1 hour ago, frankS said:

Also say hello to him from me when you see him John, he would know me as Nimrod, not FrankS.

I used to know hundreds of guys personally through fishing sites, now I regard myself as a loner and very rarely get to see any of my old mates.

Frank aka nimrod

Will certainly pass on your regards Frank.  You went out of your way to help me,you are a top bloke.  I remember the first time we met up at Diggers RSL,Freshwater.  Its well appreciated,you went that extra mile to help a fisho from the UK.

Loved our camping trip up to Lake St Clair,how many times was I called a pommy bar steward ?:D  A great bunch of blokes. You also helped me nail that elusive flathead down at Bermagui.  Another great trip.

Looking forward to wetting a line with you on our next trip,we arrive 06 Feb so not long to go.  Hank also went that extra mile for me on our first trip out in 2008.

On that first trip Kingyfisher(Chris Tyler ?) also took me under his wing - sadly no longer with us. He was a top bloke and a top angler.  He even took me "poaching" early one morning at the Opera Bar. We managed about 20 mins fishing before security asked us to leave :D

Also NeilM who is on this forum also took me out a few times.  As did "No Idea" who took me out on a couple of trips,its a pity I have lost contact with him.  He hooked into a decent sized bronzie when we fished at Little Manly Point Park.  Managed one shot of the shark before it bit him off.

This was Ollie with the shark on.  Does anyone know him ? He was living in the Fairlight area back in 2012

IMG_0039prc.jpg

The shark went mental and made a few leaps out of the water !!!

IMG_0038prc.jpg

That was the year I made thye Manly paper :-rolleyes

IMG_0043prc.jpg

A couple of days after the turtle capture had a penguin follow one of my lures in !!!!!!

All I can say is that all of you ozzie fishos I have met so far are top blokes,looking forward to fishing with you all again.

John