Question about fishing near a private property

doflamingo

I was fishing off the rocks which was at the front of a private property. A guy came up to me and inforemed me that i wasnt allowed to fish where i was fishing, although he said that if i move further down the rocks close to the water id be allowed. My question is are the rocks still part of their property? And if so how far up close to the property can i fish? Ill attach an image of the place and if can someone please tell me where are the areas that i am allowed and not allowed to fish. Thanks!

Screenshot_2017-01-22-15-39-11.png

there is a government map website you can look at to get a possible answer, SIX Maps. It is operated by the NSW Government https://maps.six.nsw.gov.au/

You need to check a couple of boxes to use it, but it is worth it. I am not sure if the layers line up totally but it should give you a good idea of where the boundaries are.

Just a hint when using it, in the right hand top corner of the window there are a couple of menu buttons, one is base maps the other is map contents. Select the map imagery and not the satellite imagery first when looking for a location, it will proceed quicker, one you have the location close, select Map contents,  it will give a new menu with various layers, Lot Boundaries is the one you want.  Remember this is a guide only. If you need help with the website PM me

I found it anyway. Looks like he was correct. The best way might be to approach the council and see what they tell you, as I said this is only a guide, the council will be the final authority on it.

Jibbon beach.jpg

Edited by Swampgecko

3 minutes ago, Rah said:

May not be the same where you were fishing but I found this pic a couple of months ago. 

Cheers

Tara

20170122_164823.png

Rah that applies to freshwater and is covered by section 38 of the lands act.  Very useful to know for us freshwater fishers

Edited by luderick -angler

6 minutes ago, luderick -angler said:

Rah that applies to freshwater and is covered by section 38 of the lands act.  Very useful to know for us freshwater fishers

Good to know that this is for fresh water. :)

Cheers

Tara

Thanks guys for the replies- really heleped a lot. Yes, like luderick angler said I understand how the people from that area are fed up with irresponsible fishermem. I dont mind fishing off else where, but  Whenever i fish i always bring extra bags and pick up before and after i fish the area. Just hope everyone would do the same.

2 minutes ago, doflamingo said:

Thanks guys for the replies- really heleped a lot. Yes, like luderick angler said I understand how the people from that area are fed up with irresponsible fishermem. I dont mind fishing off else where, but  Whenever i fish i always bring extra bags and pick up before and after i fish the area. Just hope everyone would do the same.

Ditto! I got to a spot yesterday and picked up a heap of rubbish on a wharf that has a bin! Must be too hard to comprehend the purpose of a bin for some people! Or like you say you bring it in take it out!