Abu Garcia Veritas spin rod thoughts

MattGb1989

Hey guys,

Been doing some looking around for a good set up and have taken a liking to the Abu Garcia Veritas. I'm looking at the 6'8" 1 peice 3-5kg. It will be paired with a 30sz orra spin reel. I'll be looking at pairing it with 8lb braid.  Does anyone have any experience with this rod or have any advice for improvments on the set up I'm thinking of running??

Cheers 

Brownie 

What do you plan on targeting with that? Sounds like a good setup to me. And if it's the deal I think it is, $130 is an insanely good price (If I had the money I'd be all over it!)

Have you looked at what brand of braid you're going to spool it with?

Yeah it's the deal Ur thinking of and as a new member the price is 110 for me. Would be going after flatties Whitting bream and bass on the odd occasion don't see any boat fishing in the near future for me. As for the braid I'm thinking Berkley fire line 

Yeah I think I'll go the 8lb just to make sure if I strike a big flatties etc I got that little bit more on the line. Now my question is, is this suitable to Both bait and lure fishing? Iv give a crappy Jarvis walker with I'm getting a new reel for and will be using that also but when I am with my boys would like to use that also with bait do u see any issues with that 

I have the 7ft 6-10kg with the 4k reel to go with it, took it out and targeted spotted macks and got 3 and lost one, all around 7kgs and the rod went good for the first use, was really fun on the lighter gear :)

I searched the web and seen all positive reviews for them, plus at that price cant complain for a good looking set up that works well

I have a few 1 piece rods and they are a pain to pack away, so i prefer a 2 piece rod.

I want to grab a 6-10kg Vertias combo to target some bigger fish, i have plenty of 2-4kg and 3-6kg rod combos.

All reviews say they are a good Rod combo.

47 minutes ago, Anthonystrati said:

I have the 7ft 6-10kg with the 4k reel to go with it, took it out and targeted spotted macks and got 3 and lost one, all around 7kgs and the rod went good for the first use, was really fun on the lighter gear :)

I searched the web and seen all positive reviews for them, plus at that price cant complain for a good looking set up that works well

Yeah price is what sold it for me and as u said I could only find positive feedback for it.

42 minutes ago, jeffb5.8 said:

I have a few 1 piece rods and they are a pain to pack away, so i prefer a 2 piece rod.

I want to grab a 6-10kg Vertias combo to target some bigger fish, i have plenty of 2-4kg and 3-6kg rod combos.

All reviews say they are a good Rod combo.

I don't mind I have roof racks and an SUV so that's not an issie. If I like this set up u would say I'll buy it's bigger brothers in the future.