Few blackies in the east

cossie

Hi raiders,

quick blackie session off the eastern suburbs rocks today. Couple of stonkers.

kept a few for a feed. Released a couple of the big ones.Top day out.Lots of fun on the pin. Finished off with a swim, and just lit the barbie.

cheers cossie

image.jpeg

Edited by cossie

8 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Great bag. Certainly some stonkers.

.The ocean rocks would have been the coolest place to be today.

Well done

Yes mate it was beautiful. I don't usually measure my blackies but two of them were well into mid forties 

image.jpeg

Thanks for comments guys.

There's something about chasing blackfish off the rocks that just keeps u hooked. Even the smaller models don't give up till you wash them out. As soon as they had a bit of cover from the wash they would come on the bite.

cheers

Excellent going, Cossie. I got a reco from a top bloke on this forum to fish Little Bay. Went there a a few weeks ago. South side towards the front where all the stakes are. What a death trap! 4 blokes fishing with their backs to the ocean, all with vests and cleats who knew what they were doing. 2 on the safe higher rocks who were casting east. No downs, no fish. Left after watching the water crash over the rocks and almost take one of the "backs to the ocean" guys with it into the gutter. Nice walk. Did me some good. Exercise and learnt something about the spot.

15 hours ago, dlo2 said:

Excellent going, Cossie. I got a reco from a top bloke on this forum to fish Little Bay. Went there a a few weeks ago. South side towards the front where all the stakes are. What a death trap! 4 blokes fishing with their backs to the ocean, all with vests and cleats who knew what they were doing. 2 on the safe higher rocks who were casting east. No downs, no fish. Left after watching the water crash over the rocks and almost take one of the "backs to the ocean" guys with it into the gutter. Nice walk. Did me some good. Exercise and learnt something about the spot.

Most ocean blackie spots as you know are low level with weed covered platforms. Sounds like you were at a  the Trap. Can be safely fished in the right conditions. Unfortunately some fishos need to travel a fair way for a fish and once they get there don't go home if the spot isn't exactly right. I see this at my local haunt at Maroubra. Some spots on the other hand like Yellow Rock are a death trap at the best of times. I had a close call there not long ago and still have nightmares about it.

Take care.