Swansea Boat Ramps

Guest bluecod

Guest bluecod

OK you top end Central Coasties and lower order Novocastrians -

How is the Swansea area placed for ramps,

How many lanes on them -

do they get jam-packed at weekends,

what is parking like around them and is it safe to leave your car/trailer there at night?

theres 2 good ramps on either side of the bridge

the one on the ocean side is a little steeper

my mate tows an allison 189 with a straight 6 commy so he usually launches from the ramp on the otherside of the bridge as he struggles to get out of the other

ive launched at the ramp twice in my viking and no problems.

its a good 2 laned one, parking is sweet no crowd as yet

although will get worse closer to summer

yep its safe

make sure u have ur life jackets on when u go under the bridge on out to at least moon island

as it is classed as a bar and theres a coastal patrol manned tower on the headland on the way out and they will get you for not wearing them.

Edited by djmac

Hey Bluecod,

There is a 1 3/4 lane concrete ramp in the suburb of Pelican, which is still classifeid as in the channel but close enough to be in the lake. :1prop:

The ramp is right next to a popular "swimming beach" and park area, if you could call it that. So each side of the ramp is sand so beaching the boat and parking the car makes it a great solo launching ramp. Parking is only a problem when summer picks up as all the families go there picnics and stuff.

As for security, we never had problems when we used ramp. Djmac might be able to provide some current info on the security subject.

A map always helps....

post-1129-1130161452_thumb.jpg

A Great report on the Swamsea boat ramps.

Yes maps allways help.

Especially for non-locals.

Could Ken, Iain or one of the guys shoot that over into the Boat Ramp Information for future reference.

(I hope to use that one in the future & will forget where i seen the great report!!!!)

Cheers

Numbers

Blue cod,I used the ramp on the southern side ,it is near the large green square on the map.There is sand there as well (very friendly to boats).i might say though that it is a bit of a dog in a NE wind as it will blow the back of the boat around on you,the ramp is also a bit slimy and is death in thongs,saying that,in a southerley it would be a beauty.